Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Trade Up Thread Competition Spectators Page Wk 3
Big Grin 
The Great Trade Up Thread Competition Spectators Page Wk 3
Hello and welcome back to the Thread for the ones watching the race.

Last week I placed everyone in the order that I BELIEVED was winning:
1.Emory
2.Dbrookerd
3.Neifiet
4. DontPray
5.Lecerro
6. Randall

Lets look, in no particular order, and see the moves that were made within the week and are current shall we.....

Emory: Since last post he traded the Red Refractor Youk for a 2009 Topps Unique Jumbo PAtch Dan Uggla #/35 which he loved so much he decided to start all over and pocket that for PC.
Hit reset button and after 3 more trades, he is now offering a 2012 Heritage clubhouse Collection Jacoby Ellsbury Relic.. Not Bad.

Dbrookerd: Since last post he traded the Billy Butler Blue Refractor Auto RC to his arch nemesis (lol) and fellow challenger DontPray for a 2005 SP Legendary Cuts Glory Days Auto of Andy Van Slyke #/25...
Not much action since.

Neifiet: Since last week when he had a hold of those sought -after Mike Trout RC's he made a move for a 2008 Topps Triple Threads Joey Votto RC Sapphire #/25 and is currently FT.

DontPray: Since last weeks offering of a 1999 Topps Traded Josh Hamilton RC he has now moved into HOF rookies which he is now offering a 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. RC... A must have for ANY collector.

Lecerro: Since entertaining offers with a SP 1998 Sports Illustrated N&T Cal Ripken /500 he has moved on to the weapon of choice.... a 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout RC Now available FT....

Randall: Since last week when he was offering a 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout RC he has several pending which will ultimately reel in a 2011 Topps Marquee Titanic Threads Starlin Castro #/99 which will be a smash once the Larkin from last week comes in....

So based off of what I have seen so far I would place this race as follows:
1. Emory- Consistently trading up. Making strong trades. Already reset and re-offering in the $10-20 range
2. DontPray- That card should help him find a suitable offer to boost him up the latter of trade success. Kudos for helping fellow challengers in their attempts to move up.
3. TIED Randall44 & Lecerro- That Mike Trout Lecerro has can get you nice trade bait.
----The card Randall44 is offering sure is a beaut and can get him moving up if he moves the right pieces

Dbrookerd- looks like he might have to hit the "reset"
Neifert- The votto is nice but for a trout RC??? Not sure but at least it is a serial #.

Good luck to those in the race. Hope your having as much fun trading as I am watching and commenting. This is STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION and no disrespect to those who are involved in the race and this IS NOT official judging for the Thread itself. Only an outside point of view to those who are intrested...

With that being said what do you think?

I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

RE: The Great Trade Up Thread Competition Spectators Page Wk 3
please keep doing this iv been trying to determine the winners so far myself. it seems that trout is the big winner here

Oh man I guess the trade in the works doesn't mean much YET. You should keep up with the fact that guys like Emory can't ship for weeks still cause they are too far ahead and the rules state 2 trades per week. I however have Van Slyke in hand.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

yeah I know, I wish people would just send the next day or maybe for the next time there should be no pending trades untill they are in hand. What do you think?
Props to jbel4331

I think it should be you cant work any deals until the card in in your hand, That would keep the trades down. And put a end to mass confusion lol

I also think if you get stuck on a card you cant pocket it but trade down one step then start from there. Its all about making and deciding on the right trade to win.

I also think if you get stuck on a card you cant pocket it but trade down one step then start from there. Its all about making and deciding on the right trade to win.
[/quote]

that sounds like a great idea. and no pocketing either. just keep it going ethier up or down.

Props to jbel4331

The trades are not really supposed to be pending. I think I am the only guy with my trade card in hand. They are supposed to talk negotiations but never post or accept anything until the card is in hand. Guys are sort of ignoring the rules there.

As for pocketing, its just a restart if a PC card comes along. Nothing prevents a guy from trading down. If he/she wants to trade down then they may.

I see it as more challenging with not pocketing lol

Sounds good Derek. Maybe you should PM those who have multiple trades pending and remind them of the rules... If you need a Thread MOD I got your back bro ;-)
Props to jbel4331

(01-14-2013, 08:20 PM)daddys lil all star Wrote: Sounds good Derek. Maybe you should PM those who have multiple trades pending and remind them of the rules... If you need a Thread MOD I got your back bro ;-)
I have done multiple PMs. It doesn't seem to help. They keep saying the deals aren't closed but they are posting so far ahead its hard to keep up.