`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
A little observation on Topps collation/distribution

RE: A little observation on Topps collation/distribution
So do you guys think that Topps keeps a list of exactly what Superfractor autos go to each retailer? I don't think that its that exact, but I think they have a relative idea.

Here's a monkey wrench. I pulled this out of a blaster (!), and I'm in California ...

[Image: Harper1.jpg]

Not saying that they don't send various players out to different markets but saying that you more or less won't be able to collect whole run from one area. This I'm sure is done to help the secondary market.

I'm not really even talking about the big hits, this was just something I was noticing on base, SP's and subsets for the sets I am putting together. Everyone local has the same exact cards as me so it makes it difficult to finish a set without coming on the national boards to trade for my needs. I don't track the big hits enough to really tell what is pulled where. I do know for a fact that very few Harper autos have been pulled out of the 3 LCS's that I go to. Well at least in the wax that's busted in the store. I have seen many Trouts, Lucks, RG3's and other huge football hits though.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Ever notice how some packs also have crap and no inserts but other packs have 4 or 5 inserts? hmmmm
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Here's something interesting
I bought a rack pack of Bowman platinum from target today (on sale for $5.99) and received my third auto of Clay Holmes .... I was a little suspicious when I got my second one, but a 3rd ??!?!? That's a little more than coincidental, right?
I only buy my Bowman Platinum from any one of three different Targets nearby, all serviced by the same vendor, Excell.
Coincidence? I think not!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'd be pissed! Now if it was A Harper auto 3 times I wouldn't complain but that would never happen lol.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I'm having the same issue with Platinum. I'm working on finishing two base sets and out of 10 blasters and 20 rack packs I have yet to pull a Nelson Cruz. Also only hit on one Bryce Harper, but have 10 Pujols and Ichiro. There's a couple other guys I haven't pulled that I've had to trade for as well.

In terms of the autos, my nemesis has been Dillon Maples. I'd pulled one of his from a blaster and one from a rack pack. The other day I found the $5.99 rack packs at Target, opened it, saw the auto and it just happened to be Maples again.

Since I've only been back in the hobby for about a year, I don't have a ton of autographs so it's nice to hit on them, but a little variety would be nice. Say, an Eddie Rosario or something since I'm in Minnesota.
Kepler

I don't know if retail would be good to test this thinking because the individual companies(Walmart, Target...etc) distribute the cards to all of their stores. Or do they go straight to the stores from the card companies?

Actually, Walmart and Target don't distribute the cards themselves. They have an outside vendor - Excell Marketing (I believe that's what it's called) - that comes in and does it for them - kind of like the greeting cards and magazines. I'm not sure how other retailers do it, but if you look at a Target or Walmart receipt it usually rings up as Excell misc. or something similar. It could be a regional thing as well, but I know that's how it works in the MN, SD, Wisc. area.
Kepler