IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Thought I would share this Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis story

Thought I would share this Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis story
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ray-le...05410.html

[Image: raypeytonx-jpg_062943.jpg]

Inside the empty locker room Peyton Manning hugged Ray Lewis.

This was long after the great double-overtime playoff game had finished Saturday evening, after Lewis had left the field and the near-zero temperatures, victorious. This was also after Lewis had wept at his locker, eye black rolling down his face. And this was even after he showered, dressed slowly in a suit, did a news conference and a television interview that went longer than promised.

Manning undoubtedly wanted to go home, yet the Denver Broncos quarterback waited somberly inside a deserted Baltimore Ravens locker room. Beside him was his wife Ashley and their nearly 2-year-old son Marshall. Saturday's defeat had to be one of the most agonizing of Manning's career – a 38-35 loss in a game he was 38 seconds from winning – and still the Mannings stood in front of the empty locker of Ravens nose tackle Terrence Cody for a long, long time Saturday evening.

They did this because it was Ray Lewis.

Because in his last days of football, the Ravens linebacker won't walk silently into the night.

"I'm so happy for you," Ashley Manning said as Lewis finally walked into the room.

Then Peyton Manning and Lewis talked quietly, their voices mostly muffled but the tone obvious and admiring. If Peyton Manning wasn't going to go to the Super Bowl it was clear he wanted Ray Lewis to be the one who did.

For more of the story click the link at the top
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

RE: Thought I would share this Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis story
Class act of a QB. Even in a loss, he's all class.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

That's why I love Peyton.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

Love Manning, my favorite QB, hope he wins another SB before he decides to walk away.