`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What cards should you buy this year?

RE: What cards should you buy this year?
Middlebrooks is on the way...I didn't spring for the Bowman Chrome.....I got a Sterling base auto. I guess that makes Addison Russell next on my list and I also need a Bowman Chrome Austin Aune Auto for my PC Yankees stuff. Anyone got one for trade?

(01-16-2013, 10:36 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Middlebrooks is on the way...I didn't spring for the Bowman Chrome.....I got a Sterling base auto. I guess that makes Addison Russell next on my list and I also need a Bowman Chrome Austin Aune Auto for my PC Yankees stuff. Anyone got one for trade?
Still trying for the bowman draft Aune myself got some leaf draft of his and also have the sterling base. I do have an extra leaf draft metal though
(01-16-2013, 11:46 AM)joba the clark Wrote: The Yankees do have some decent prospects but they havent brought up anybody of significance since Robinson Cano in 2004. They are getting old very fast and as a die hard Yankees fan I am very afraid to see what type of team they will have in the next couple years. They NEED a catcher and Gary Sanchez is good but I doubt he will come to the bigs as a catcher. Hopefully Michael Pineda is the real deal because they gave up a great young catcher in Montero to get him. Cano will go to free agency in a couple years and who knows if they can sign him. Jeter prob has 2 more solid years left in him. I hope he gets the hit record but it is gonna tough. The rest of the prospects are "decent" but they just don't have guys down there that jump off the page at you. They have traded away most of their prospects in the past years for big dollar players and I think that was a huge mistake. But I guess we will have wait and see what these guys can do in next couple years.
You would say that Hughes, Joba, Dave Robertson and Brett Gardner arent significant. Would say all have been good part of the team for a couple years now and was there for the 09 team. Montero is not even a catcher. Highlight was catching the combined no hitter. But other than that nada. I would take Sanchez now over montero. Personally... But if guys keep on track I see a very good outfield by 2015... With guys like Williams, heathcott, Tyler Austin, Ramon Flores plus Gardner should still be a factor should be an exciting outfield. Small ball guys that could take the ball out of the park

Keep in mind that expectations for Hughes were Strasburg like in 04 when he hit the scene. I remember that because I couldnt afford to buy his Bowman Chrome Auto. Robertson is solid but relievers are a dime a dozen in my opinion. And Gardner is another solid player but when he gets hurt every year the Yankees still win. He is not a huge game changer. I am looking for a Strasburg or Harper like prospect in the Yankees system. The last one was Jeter. Cano wasnt a highly coveted prospect. Although if it wasnt for him Alfonso Soriano would prob still be here and the ARod deal may never have happened. Cano exceeded everyones expectations by a huge margin.
(01-17-2013, 03:25 AM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: Still trying for the bowman draft Aune myself got some leaf draft of his and also have the sterling base. I do have an extra leaf draft metal though

You would say that Hughes, Joba, Dave Robertson and Brett Gardner arent significant. Would say all have been good part of the team for a couple years now and was there for the 09 team. Montero is not even a catcher. Highlight was catching the combined no hitter. But other than that nada. I would take Sanchez now over montero. Personally... But if guys keep on track I see a very good outfield by 2015... With guys like Williams, heathcott, Tyler Austin, Ramon Flores plus Gardner should still be a factor should be an exciting outfield. Small ball guys that could take the ball out of the park

I just pulled the trigger on a bgs 9.5 Profar Bowman chrome auto. With my eBay bucks and stuff I recently sold, I got it at a cant-miss price.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

I also need to get my hands on a 1993 SP Derek Jeter BGS 9 or better. I know it will be pricey but that one is my 1952 Mantle (metaphorically speaking). I would do strange things for a 1952 Mantle. LOL.

(01-18-2013, 11:54 PM)joba the clark Wrote: I also need to get my hands on a 1993 SP Derek Jeter BGS 9 or better. I know it will be pricey but that one is my 1952 Mantle (metaphorically speaking). I would do strange things for a 1952 Mantle. LOL.
I, too, would do strange things for a '52 Mantle.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-13-2013, 09:15 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Jackie Bradley- once he gets called up to the Red Sox his cards will take off.
I have a Team USA card of Jackie Jr....had to have it after I saw him play for SC in the CWS 2 years ago. I had no idea who he was, but noticed immediately how amazing of an athlete he was.
This is the year that I will score an on-card auto of Robin Ventura and Frank Thomas.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

At the current rate with 5 top 100 prospects in the league the state of the farm is above average to good. Without any set backs to everyday players it will only get better. Not just because I am a Yankees fan am I saying this but step back and think about the perfect storm brewing. Hal has stated he wants under the 189 mil mark for 2014 and beyond. Most if not all of the top ranked prospects are expected to be up at 2015. At that year the tax hit starts back at over 17% which is chump Change compared to the 50% they would have been looking at. Also grandersons 15 mil comes of the books thus making cano a little more affordable. So with getting young and salary flexibility the Yankees to not be rebuilding but restarting another dynasty not with posada but Sanchez not with a Rivera but Montgomery not with Bernie but with Tyler Austin and mason Williams.

Also cards to pick up I would say Mark Montgomery his cards will catch on fire. Just like Joba chamberlain did. I know relievers are dime a dozen but he will I think take the league by surprise as Joba did but will not be subjected to failed experiment after another. They know what they have in him and won't tinker with starter not starter type mess. Watch for him around all star break if not sooner. He will have his first bowman card this year have not heard if he will have autos in them but did get word that he will be in the set. Also I think one of the must gets this year for prospect lover will be the new Bowman inception looks like a great set mid to higher end some highly sought after players to be had. That's my looking to get pick.