(Toll Free)
Thread Closed 
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Affordability
01-13-2013, 03:11 AM
Affordability
Hello! Would be really nice if i could afford to be a seller in the Beckett marketplace , I'm interested in selling only on the Beckett marketplace and respect your programs that enable 1 to sell through many channels at 1 time , but is there a more affordable option since i only would like to sell and incur 1 set of fees to simplify things?
Find all posts by this user
10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Affordability
I agree. The buy-in price to be a seller on this site is way too high. Especially for a company whose support is all done cheaply off shore and not very good. In today's changing economy where cost to do business is more and more expensive and better support and features is becoming more and more important, I feel that whoever at Beckett is in charge of the Marketplace is behind the times in many ways.
11-12-2013, 02:20 PM
I agree. If they make it more affordable, you add more active participants and make money that way also.
11-12-2013, 04:35 PM
the marketplace isnt for the average joe to sell. it is set up for massive sellers.

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
truthfully, one leads to the other
11-12-2013, 04:38 PM
(11-12-2013 04:35 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  the marketplace isnt for the average joe to sell. it is set up for massive sellers.

Where should the average joe sell their extras? Thanks.
11-12-2013, 05:11 PM
for now, in the trade forums. just mark your items in your org for sale with a quantity and a sale price, then create a thread. there is supposedly a system coming, but for now, you can sell on the forums at no charge

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
11-18-2013, 05:08 PM
I thought that last time you said that the C2C marketplace will never take place and Beckett has been promising it forever and will never deliver? So, which is it? Why you saying something different now? Why can no one give an accurate and truthful answer about the C2C Marketplace and when it will be live and what it will be like?
11-18-2013, 05:38 PM
because we arent privy to the inner working of the dev team?

like i said: supposedly it is coming. but it has supposedly been coming for about 4 years. grain of salt on this is about the size of arod's steroid collection (massive)

11-20-2013, 04:42 PM
well you say that the marketplace is for power sellers. What is then a power seller and how many cards do you need to be one? Also what is your store?
11-21-2013, 06:55 AM
(11-20-2013 04:42 PM)jerseyfresh2 Wrote:  well you say that the marketplace is for power sellers. What is then a power seller and how many cards do you need to be one? Also what is your store?

i dont have a store

from beckett:
"The sellers on Beckett.com are professional dealers who pay a monthly collectors fee, plus a sales commission to have access to the over 60,000 who visit Beckett.com every day. They have been approved through an application process.

Beckett Marketplace is not an option for collectors, or part time dealers who want to sell a few items a week. We are looking for motivated and well stocked stores to participate. To be successful, we recommend you have AT LEAST 10,000 items to place in inventory. We also recommend you have a business license or Tax ID number."

i believe marketplace sellers all pay AT LEAST 250/month, + 20% of your total sales but not 100% sure on that. that might be outdated info

Thread Closed