`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New collector, auto question.

New collector, auto question.
So I have a few cards that came with the auto on them, out of the package. For example, I have a 2009 bowman chrome auto blue Carlos Santana. I know these are real signatures, just stuck on a sticker and stuck to the card. Is it worth it to get the card signed "again"? I'm basically making this collection for my kids so it's not for money unless they sell them when they are older. Would this raise the value of the card? I have the chance to get this card signed my Santana next week and was wondering if I should take this card or no... Opinions? Suggestions? Thanks

RE: New collector, auto question.
(01-12-2013, 10:32 PM)PSA10Please Wrote: So I have a few cards that came with the auto on them, out of the package. For example, I have a 2009 bowman chrome auto blue Carlos Santana. I know these are real signatures, just stuck on a sticker and stuck to the card. Is it worth it to get the card signed "again"? I'm basically making this collection for my kids so it's not for money unless they sell them when they are older. Would this raise the value of the card? I have the chance to get this card signed my Santana next week and was wondering if I should take this card or no... Opinions? Suggestions? Thanks
No, this would not increase the value. This would actually decrease the value of the card. I would get another card for him to sign.

That's what I needed to know. Thanks

(01-12-2013, 10:32 PM)PSA10Please Wrote: So I have a few cards that came with the auto on them, out of the package. For example, I have a 2009 bowman chrome auto blue Carlos Santana. I know these are real signatures, just stuck on a sticker and stuck to the card. Is it worth it to get the card signed "again"? I'm basically making this collection for my kids so it's not for money unless they sell them when they are older. Would this raise the value of the card? I have the chance to get this card signed my Santana next week and was wondering if I should take this card or no... Opinions? Suggestions? Thanks
I don't know if the value would go up or not ..... It definitely wouldn't bring the price down, but what it would do? It would make that card unique, and as any collector would know, something unique would at least sell easier than something that is run of the mill in greater quantity. It's all about supply and demand, and even if the demand is low, the supply of a double sig would be even lower.
Just my opinion.
Personally, I'd get him to sign a baseball, too.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'd have him sign a ball or a base card. I think that typically the IP sig on the certified auto card will decrease it's value.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-13-2013, 10:33 AM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: I'd have him sign a ball or a base card. I think that typically the IP sig on the certified auto card will decrease it's value.
+1 Me too!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I'd steer clear of getting a certified auto re-auto'd. I'd recommend getting 1: jersey; 2 baseball; 3. mini helmet/minihelmet; 4. bat/minibat; 5. photo 6 baseball card. (in that order). (obviously if you had something like a homeplate or base, that would be right at the top of the list. -I decided to go with common items).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*