`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Patch Paranoia

RE: Patch Paranoia
Im a big fan of cool patches but every time i buy one i always research the series before hand, its just a good habit to be in. Most of the time it only takes a few minutes to determine if the series has multi color breaks or if its a series that has laundry tags or not. What makes me worry is nfl shield patches. Im still looking to get my first one but ive been so paranoid to drop that kind of money on something thats actually quite to hard verify. I know that earlier years have more stars and that later ones have the "equipment" logo over it but every time im about to buy one i always chicken out. Ive noticed the "L" from "NFL" is different on some and all the differences have really messed with my head. I watched a youtube vid that was all about spotting fake patches and im still not confident to buy any of the shield patches ive seen. Im really hoping to add one this year, its one of my goals, but im most likely gonna have to see the card in person before i buy it. I'm just way to OCD about this stuff and any of you who have read my posts know i go overboard on little details.
Photobucket

(01-12-2013, 05:46 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: It may just be me but.....

Does any one else stay away from cool looking patches from 5-10 years ago? My logic is the older products are more likely to have fake patches.
I usually just by the same cards over and over again....that way I know they are real....

[Image: F9973CD4-F889-4E49-AD0F-AB3B4F031C4A-924...F9D4BA.jpg]

This way I know what patch should be there before I even have to do research..... they are all good pieces and kinda hard to fake since they would have to match the pieces I already have.

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I tend to worry more about things like why do the Russell Wilson patches in Strata come from lime green jerseys the Seahawks retired while he was still at NC State or have portions of Hassellbeck's number 8 on them. To me cool patches are only cool if I couldn't recreate them by going to Goodwill.

(01-13-2013, 10:40 AM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: I tend to worry more about things like why do the Russell Wilson patches in Strata come from lime green jerseys the Seahawks retired while he was still at NC State or have portions of Hassellbeck's number 8 on them. To me cool patches are only cool if I couldn't recreate them by going to Goodwill.
I just went through this.. panini quit responding when i pointed that fact out. Game used my *****...

[Image: IMG_4487_zps344883e2.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4488_zps21a4c3a0.jpg]
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]