Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Patch Paranoia

Patch Paranoia
It may just be me but.....

Does any one else stay away from cool looking patches from 5-10 years ago? My logic is the older products are more likely to have fake patches.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: Patch Paranoia
Honestly, I'm paranoid about all sweet patches. But I'll pick up a cool one if the price is right. I'm always open to the possibilty that most of the patches in my collection are fake. Which is kind of sad now that I think about it...
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

I certainly do on sets I'm not familiar with. One of the ones I'm collecting from 1999 can have multi-colored jersey pieces in them but there's times I'll go for the single color just to be safe.

I definetly am. I want one really bad for my chiefs collection, and have found a few but everytime i go to buy them all i can think about it how many fakes there are, so i never end up going through with it
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

I think it is easier to fake new ones, but it is also pretty darn easy to tell when companies makes stupid moves (i.e., wrong team).
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I think the higher end products should have pictures online of their low numbered stuff.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

It's really not as bad as everyone thinks. Most of the fakes and the sellers are identified immediately. Buying fake patch cards is not as common as you might think. People get too worried and over react a lot of the time. I'm bidding on a few jersey and patch cards as we speak with no concerns because I research what I'm investing in...

Besides...as vague as the COAs on cards are getting...the companies themselves are more likely to jip ya xP
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Stop worrying...do your homework and your good..i only collect the patch sets i KNOW..inside and out..case in point
http://photobucket.com/2007fotgNFLset
WHO would have the time to fake these and with the patch windows like they are??
i started these the month they came out and have owned hundreds with all the upgrading and such..i do the 2007set(134 cards),finished the 2010 set (103 cards) and have 09 going too...
READ the backs too..ALL of my sets are personaly worn by THE player on the card in an OFFICIAL NFL game..some cards these days fudge on the wording so they can put ANYBODY'S patch in a card....
do some work and have fun...True GAME USED Patches are the BEST part of Cards in my Opinion now a days
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(01-12-2013, 08:08 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: I think the higher end products should have pictures online of their low numbered stuff.
I strongly agree! Wasn't Exquisite a hand-packed set? Snap a few pics!
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]