`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
1st card flipping try..

1st card flipping try..
So about a week ago I posted a thread asking for advice on flipping cards on ebay and from what I read it sounded like it wasnt going to work but I tryed it anyway. Here are the results: Paid $55 for a kobe anthology patch 8/8 and flipped it the very next day after I received it and got $100. Seemed to be too easy lol. So Im going to continue doing this and hope I can keep it up.

RE: 1st card flipping try..
Nice. Good luck with your endeavor. Post some more results.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(01-12-2013, 05:11 PM)cweiland Wrote: Nice. Good luck with your endeavor. Post some more results.
Thanks. Will do.

You did we'll in both ends. You got it cheap and sold it to presumably a big kobe fan. Was it one of the all star jersey patches,black with silver circles?
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

I've been flipping cards on the Bay for years. I buy a lot off auctions then sell in my store. Lot of Autos and vintage. There are some rules I live by

Be happy with a 10% return after fees. You ain't getting 1% in a savings account let alone 10%. Plus items sell quicker to! I never understand why some people are dead set on doubling their money on flipping. The card may sit for years so your can sell your $50 for $100. In the same breath....why not take that $50 investment, sell for $65 and start again. I can do this 3 times in a month with my initial $50 investment while someone is still trying to double their money with their card that is overpriced.

Lastly, cut your losses when you identify them. Is flipping a science? Nope....I've lost money many times, but I have made money a lot more than I have lost. It's better to recoup what you can instead of trying to sell an overpriced item that will never sell, and use that money for something else.

I like to go for HOF rookies in all sports, HOF, popular 80's and 90's names autos, graded cards as well. The modern stuff can be tough to flip.

Congrats on the Kobe flip.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

nice flip, i cant believe these patches from anthology are selling so high.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(01-12-2013, 05:10 PM)Jukeyou Wrote: So about a week ago I posted a thread asking for advice on flipping cards on ebay and from what I read it sounded like it wasnt going to work but I tryed it anyway. Here are the results: Paid $55 for a kobe anthology patch 8/8 and flipped it the very next day after I received it and got $100. Seemed to be too easy lol. So Im going to continue doing this and hope I can keep it up.
nice job. honestly the real winner here is ebay, think of all the fees they made off that deal. after you pay your fees, shipping, etc. you still managed what 30-35 dollar profit...which is unreal considering the card u sold. best i ever did was about 10 yrs i bought a lot of 2000 upper deck yankees legendary lumber cards, split it with 2 other board members on here. i paid about 100 on my end, i ended up with like 14 cards, 2 of them being bobby murcer who must of later determined a short print cause i sold them both for about 95 bucks each. and then i made a horrible move and invested in hank blalock bowman rookies....
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

congrats on the flip... but watch out for all those ebay/paypal fees.... it will kill you! I surely am.. too many buyers ask me to sell way lower than 1/2 BV or SV... then on top of that, they want free shipping... then I git hit with a tons of fees.. makes me not want to sell.

but right now, ebay gave me 50,000 free listings, so I am trying to take advantage of it.. but it is too time consuming.. took me 2 hours to scan about 70 cards & list them...

I have an Elite Black Kobe auto /10 I been trying to move.. but people are offering me anywhere from $80-140... not the $200 asking price that I initially started it with... sucks, kobe's autos do not sell well...

Got a derrick rose hot prospects rc auto I am trying to move.. but people are offering me $150-225... it is almost an insult with the low offers...

jpleazme805
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

jpleaze, i would think that 140-150 would be a decent sell on that kobe even though its /10, the cut window hurts the value. if it was oncard /10 i think you would be able to get your asking price fairly easy. i think the offers on the rose are low though. when he comes back and has his first 30 point game, his cards will go up.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Nice job ... I have sold hundreds of cards on the bay for profit over the years, but my worst flop was trying to sell a 2006 Topps football set a couple of years ago ... I miscalculated the shipping, and when the bidding ended at a whopping 99 cents, I ended up paying someone 3 bucks to take my set from me.