`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buying at your LCS and Retail
01-12-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Buying at your LCS and Retail
(01-12-2013 02:17 PM)dpatera Wrote:  I think you're romanticizing LCSes a bit there. A large part of the reason there are fewer and fewer LCS around is that they are not able to complete with the online stores as far as price (including shipping). With my LCS, supplies are similar prices, but new releases always cost more than what you would find them online (including shipping). It's not because he is some LCS charging high prices, he's just charging what he needs to, to keep the doors open.

I try to buy from my LCS whenever I can, even paying some higher prices, because I like having him there. But, with a few exceptions, I don't go there expecting to find a better deal than I would find from an internet store. Of course, I also can't walk in to an internet store and talk about the big game last night.

I probably am. When I was a kid, the LCS was 2 blocks away so I was there every day, talking sports and cards. For me, it was the camaraderie along with the huge selection of cards. I understand the business end of the problem but it's too bad my kid won't get to experience that.

Collecting Nolan Ryan, Derek Jeter, Mike Trout and especially...Jonathan Lucroy (my daughter is his #1 fan!)

Lucroy Collection : 223/251 non 1/1's (88.9%) and 17 1/1's

http://s1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/aprirr/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply