`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question for team collectors

RE: Question for team collectors
As a team collector, I collect every card with the Red Sox logo on it. Being in the Red Sox uniform, but with a different teams logo, to me constitutes a different team. Here are a few examples...

I consider this Bill Mueller card to be a Dodgers card even though he is in the Sox uniform.
[Image: notsox.jpg]

I consider this Wade Miller card to be a red Sox card even though he is in the Astro's uniform.
[Image: red_sox_card.jpg]

All of the cards in my Red Sox collection meet this criteria, with one exception... Ted Williams cards in a Senators or Rangers uniform.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

I have just decided that all I will "collect" going foward are Phillies cards....doesn't have to be a star, just needs to say Phillies. Will still "rip" but unless it's a Ruth auto, everything will be up for sale or trade.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(01-15-2013, 03:59 PM)scottzoe Wrote: As a team collector, I collect every card with the Red Sox logo on it. Being in the Red Sox uniform, but with a different teams logo, to me constitutes a different team. Here are a few examples...

I consider this Bill Mueller card to be a Dodgers card even though he is in the Sox uniform.
[Image: notsox.jpg]

I consider this Wade Miller card to be a red Sox card even though he is in the Astro's uniform.
[Image: red_sox_card.jpg]

All of the cards in my Red Sox collection meet this criteria, with one exception... Ted Williams cards in a Senators or Rangers uniform.

Scott
Exactly..same for me..database would list the Mueller card as a Dodger and the Miller card as a Red Sox..I believe..that is my rule as well..

I was wondering do you just collect your team or is it part of a larger collection? Currently I collect baseball only and I collect by player but I'd almost call it a hoarding style. I like to bust wax and keep everything except team cards and multi-player cards (they end up in 800 ct box marked for trade) and I mark my dupes for trade. But my wife (and LCS) wonder why I dont collect football because honestly I prefer football as a sport. I've told her if I collect football it would strictly be a Browns PC, but I've been thinking about it more and more lately. I guess my problem is how to get started? I don't want a collection of non-Browns stuff and I really dont want it to look like my baseball collection, but I need stuff to trade to get it or do I get everything on ebay and comc? And I like busting wax but I don't know if I have the time or the attention span or $$$ to really keep doing my baseball and start a Browns collection.
I Collect: Helton, Clemens, Dunn, Piazza, Ryan, Brook Jacoby, Braun, Harper, Strasburg, and Verlander

AND I'M WILLING TO TRADE BASE 4 BASE. REALLY!!!
COMC: JasonsCards

(01-16-2013, 06:58 PM)rtcrules Wrote: I was wondering do you just collect your team or is it part of a larger collection? Currently I collect baseball only and I collect by player but I'd almost call it a hoarding style. I like to bust wax and keep everything except team cards and multi-player cards (they end up in 800 ct box marked for trade) and I mark my dupes for trade. But my wife (and LCS) wonder why I dont collect football because honestly I prefer football as a sport. I've told her if I collect football it would strictly be a Browns PC, but I've been thinking about it more and more lately. I guess my problem is how to get started? I don't want a collection of non-Browns stuff and I really dont want it to look like my baseball collection, but I need stuff to trade to get it or do I get everything on ebay and comc? And I like busting wax but I don't know if I have the time or the attention span or $$$ to really keep doing my baseball and start a Browns collection.

If you already have a goal of Browns only PC I think it is much easier to stay that way. You could always bust packs of baseball and go to trade your baseball for browns cards. Mix in eBay and Comcast and your goal is much easier to stay on track of browns only.

(01-16-2013, 06:58 PM)rtcrules Wrote: I was wondering do you just collect your team or is it part of a larger collection? Currently I collect baseball only and I collect by player but I'd almost call it a hoarding style. I like to bust wax and keep everything except team cards and multi-player cards (they end up in 800 ct box marked for trade) and I mark my dupes for trade. But my wife (and LCS) wonder why I dont collect football because honestly I prefer football as a sport. I've told her if I collect football it would strictly be a Browns PC, but I've been thinking about it more and more lately. I guess my problem is how to get started? I don't want a collection of non-Browns stuff and I really dont want it to look like my baseball collection, but I need stuff to trade to get it or do I get everything on ebay and comc? And I like busting wax but I don't know if I have the time or the attention span or $$$ to really keep doing my baseball and start a Browns collection.
This is pretty much me. I'll buy larger lots at card shows/kijjiji (Canada's version of Craig's List Classifieds) and bust wax. When I get close to completing a base set I start to hunt and peck for cards I need to do so. Any Tigers in the base set are not PC but base building. However, any Tiger's (indicated Tigers on card by the company) parallels, inserts, autos, mem cards go in a special PC and all other teams of the same sort of cards go into trade and look for Tiger's PC and base set needs. Dupes of base cards go to work at the school I teach at and I let the kids go through them. So say a Prince Fielder insert or jsy card as a Brewer is bait even though he is currently a Tiger. Likewise a Kirk Gibson insert as a Dodger is not in PC, even though he was a long time Tiger. Lions is the only football I collect so I just hunt those cards in trades and card shows and don't buy boxes of football.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!