`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cards that I should of bought last year
01-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Cards that I should of bought last year
In 2012 when tribute came out before mike trout was called up I had a funny feeling about the auto cards of his but never pulled the trigger on any of the cards I saw on eBay. A lot of the times someone pulled a last second bid to outbid me. Needless to say I never bought any of them. Wish I did cause we all know what happens after he got called up. Post your could of should ofs with replies.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: Cards that I should of bought last year
i wish i bought any. just got into it this year and regretting not doing it for longer.

[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector
01-10-2013, 07:20 PM
I wish I bought more Mike Trout, as well.

[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!
01-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Well, I know this is the wrong forum, but WAY back in 1998 I first started collecting cards — the immortal 1988 Topps set, to be specific.

I was also playing on my junior high basketball team at the time, so I was mildly interested in/curious about basketball cards, but hadn't picked any up yet.

I was at a LCS and he had a box of 1986-87 Fleer Basketball right next to the cash register — 3 packs for a dollar!

He also had a Michael Jordan RC in his display case ... for $20.

I had $20 worth of birthday money to spend and came very close to buying the Jordan ...

But I also REALLY wanted the 1988 Topps cards of Jose Canseco (40-40!) and Mark McGwire (with the trophy!) ...

So I bought a box of 1988 Topps Baseball instead, for like $18 plus tax.

OK, I win.
01-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Oh yeah, you definitely win, rjcj2017.

[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!
01-10-2013, 09:22 PM
I almost bought an 09 Chrome Trout for like $33 last year but didnt and again in August I almost bought one for $280 but picked up a 2011 Harper Chrome Auto instead for $250 and I went with a sure bet in a 2002 Bowman Chrome Xfractor Joe Mauer Auto BGS 9 (subs are all 9 or better). I think we all wish we knew which guys to pull the trigger on. I know I do. I cant wait to see how many of my Bowman Chrome Autos are going to be junk cards in a couple years. But I also cant wait to see how many of them make it in the bigs. If you look at past years prospect autographs there are really only 1 or 2 every other year that become good players.

http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362...k8/willie/
01-10-2013, 11:12 PM
(01-10-2013 07:22 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote:  Well, I know this is the wrong forum, but WAY back in 1998 I first started collecting cards — the immortal 1988 Topps set, to be specific.

I was also playing on my junior high basketball team at the time, so I was mildly interested in/curious about basketball cards, but hadn't picked any up yet.

I was at a LCS and he had a box of 1986-87 Fleer Basketball right next to the cash register — 3 packs for a dollar!

He also had a Michael Jordan RC in his display case ... for $20.

I had $20 worth of birthday money to spend and came very close to buying the Jordan ...

But I also REALLY wanted the 1988 Topps cards of Jose Canseco (40-40!) and Mark McGwire (with the trophy!) ...

So I bought a box of 1988 Topps Baseball instead, for like $18 plus tax.

OK, I win.

I too bought baseball instead of basketball. All those 1986 and 1987, 88 topps are good firewood. I always wanted to buy the basketball but the gum that was in the baseball packs was the deal maker for me.
01-10-2013, 11:22 PM
(01-10-2013 11:12 PM)Variooo Wrote:  I too bought baseball instead of basketball. All those 1986 and 1987, 88 topps are good firewood. I always wanted to buy the basketball but the gum that was in the baseball packs was the deal maker for me.

Yeah, the gum didn't hurt the thought process.
01-11-2013, 01:52 PM
My should have is that I should have held onto the Trout Bowman Chrome blue refractor auto I pulled. I sold it when BA listed him as their top prospect, got $400 for it, but I wish I still had it now...

Trading for Autos of Baseball HOFers (currently have 114), Cleveland Indians (esp. Bauer, Frazier, Kipnis, Lindor & Naquin) & Cleveland Browns. Top HOF Autos I'm after right now: DiMaggio, Puckett, Averill & Catfish.
01-11-2013, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 02:05 PM by daddys lil all star.)
SAme with trout but also with a manny machado I saw on the bay last year. It was a gold refractor /50 2010 bowman usa BGS 9.5 for 74.95 Free shipping. I was going to pull the trigger but decided not to. The next morning I went to check if it was still there and sure enough it was gone. One week later he was called up and you know what he did. Sure felt like I should of grabbed that one cause they are selling for a whole lot more now.

I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331