`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards that I should of bought last year

Cards that I should of bought last year
In 2012 when tribute came out before mike trout was called up I had a funny feeling about the auto cards of his but never pulled the trigger on any of the cards I saw on eBay. A lot of the times someone pulled a last second bid to outbid me. Needless to say I never bought any of them. Wish I did cause we all know what happens after he got called up. Post your could of should ofs with replies.

RE: Cards that I should of bought last year
i wish i bought any. just got into it this year and regretting not doing it for longer.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

I wish I bought more Mike Trout, as well.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Well, I know this is the wrong forum, but WAY back in 1998 I first started collecting cards — the immortal 1988 Topps set, to be specific.

I was also playing on my junior high basketball team at the time, so I was mildly interested in/curious about basketball cards, but hadn't picked any up yet.

I was at a LCS and he had a box of 1986-87 Fleer Basketball right next to the cash register — 3 packs for a dollar!

He also had a Michael Jordan RC in his display case ... for $20.

I had $20 worth of birthday money to spend and came very close to buying the Jordan ...

But I also REALLY wanted the 1988 Topps cards of Jose Canseco (40-40!) and Mark McGwire (with the trophy!) ...

So I bought a box of 1988 Topps Baseball instead, for like $18 plus tax.

OK, I win.

Oh yeah, you definitely win, rjcj2017.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I almost bought an 09 Chrome Trout for like $33 last year but didnt and again in August I almost bought one for $280 but picked up a 2011 Harper Chrome Auto instead for $250 and I went with a sure bet in a 2002 Bowman Chrome Xfractor Joe Mauer Auto BGS 9 (subs are all 9 or better). I think we all wish we knew which guys to pull the trigger on. I know I do. I cant wait to see how many of my Bowman Chrome Autos are going to be junk cards in a couple years. But I also cant wait to see how many of them make it in the bigs. If you look at past years prospect autographs there are really only 1 or 2 every other year that become good players.

(01-10-2013, 08:22 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Well, I know this is the wrong forum, but WAY back in 1998 I first started collecting cards — the immortal 1988 Topps set, to be specific.

I was also playing on my junior high basketball team at the time, so I was mildly interested in/curious about basketball cards, but hadn't picked any up yet.

I was at a LCS and he had a box of 1986-87 Fleer Basketball right next to the cash register — 3 packs for a dollar!

He also had a Michael Jordan RC in his display case ... for $20.

I had $20 worth of birthday money to spend and came very close to buying the Jordan ...

But I also REALLY wanted the 1988 Topps cards of Jose Canseco (40-40!) and Mark McGwire (with the trophy!) ...

So I bought a box of 1988 Topps Baseball instead, for like $18 plus tax.

OK, I win.
I too bought baseball instead of basketball. All those 1986 and 1987, 88 topps are good firewood. I always wanted to buy the basketball but the gum that was in the baseball packs was the deal maker for me.

(01-11-2013, 12:12 AM)Variooo Wrote: I too bought baseball instead of basketball. All those 1986 and 1987, 88 topps are good firewood. I always wanted to buy the basketball but the gum that was in the baseball packs was the deal maker for me.
Yeah, the gum didn't hurt the thought process.

My should have is that I should have held onto the Trout Bowman Chrome blue refractor auto I pulled. I sold it when BA listed him as their top prospect, got $400 for it, but I wish I still had it now...
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

SAme with trout but also with a manny machado I saw on the bay last year. It was a gold refractor /50 2010 bowman usa BGS 9.5 for 74.95 Free shipping. I was going to pull the trigger but decided not to. The next morning I went to check if it was still there and sure enough it was gone. One week later he was called up and you know what he did. Sure felt like I should of grabbed that one cause they are selling for a whole lot more now.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331