`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1 Box 2012-13 Limited

1 Box 2012-13 Limited
The Mrs. bought me a box and gave it to me for an early birthday present.... she is not into cards at all and cannot comprehend how I can spend so much money on pieces of cardboard with pictures on it lol but she is very understanding and never complains. So she gets me a box and unfortunately it was a complete dud...... terrible, but of course I don't want her to feel bad so I'm acting all excited "OMG Tyler Zeller, I can't believe I pulled a Tyler Zeller" but she bought it and I really did appreciate the box. Here are the pics.

[Image: 00000000000_zps6478a06c.jpg]

RE: 1 Box 2012-13 Limited
TBarn I feel your pain and have often had to act excited myself at an anti-climatic box purchased by a loved one. Although the Laimbeer, while not too bad, what is up with that pose?
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

I have been lucky to this point. My girl loves opening packs/boxes with me and has bought some real good ones recently.

Problem is every time she gets me a box she opens a few packs and ALWAYS pulls the big hit. I have yet to pull a refractor because she gets them all. Opened a box of 93-94 Ultra she got me and one pack she gets the Scoring Kings MJ. I love that its in there but man, its tough to cover the disappiontment EVERY time she gets the hit.

(01-08-2013, 10:02 AM)cweiland Wrote: TBarn I feel your pain and have often had to act excited myself at an anti-climatic box purchased by a loved one. Although the Laimbeer, while not too bad, what is up with that pose?
Lol yeah, it is tough covering up the disappointment. I know my big box is coming soon though I have had to many duds to keep this streak up. As for the Laimbeer lol I don't know what is up with that. I could think of a thousand captions for that picture.

I love the look of the Zeller auto. The on card, and the clear plastic i think is very unique. Pulled an Isaiah Thomas one.

(01-08-2013, 10:14 AM)user_3n5kp Wrote: I have been lucky to this point. My girl loves opening packs/boxes with me and has bought some real good ones recently.

Problem is every time she gets me a box she opens a few packs and ALWAYS pulls the big hit. I have yet to pull a refractor because she gets them all. Opened a box of 93-94 Ultra she got me and one pack she gets the Scoring Kings MJ. I love that its in there but man, its tough to cover the disappiontment EVERY time she gets the hit.
Maybe I should start making my girl open too. Anything to break this slump. Where do you get your old wax at? I would like to bust some good 90's stuff. I busted some later 90's stuff not to long ago, but I would like to find some early 90's. Like some E-motion, the first two finests. maybe some 95-96 stuff.
(01-08-2013, 10:49 AM)bballfrk44 Wrote: I love the look of the Zeller auto. The on card, and the clear plastic i think is very unique. Pulled an Isaiah Thomas one.
They are really cool looking. I'm planning on getting another box or two of the limited and if I pull one of the High Dollar players I think I am going to go after the set.

I know the base set also has inserts numbered to 25 I believe which are very cool looking

but the regular base aren't numbered...meaning the limited base aren't limited anymore. Try wrapping your head around that lol.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Those clear autos are sweet. I grabbed the derrick Williams off the bay yesterday for my PC. I am lucky that my wife likes busting wax. More lucky that she likes to do my sorting too. I am with everyone else though in that she always pulls the best hits. She hit my strasburg auto, pujols auto redemption, and both my kobe hits.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(01-08-2013, 12:13 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Those clear autos are sweet. I grabbed the derrick Williams off the bay yesterday for my PC. I am lucky that my wife likes busting wax. More lucky that she likes to do my sorting too. I am with everyone else though in that she always pulls the best hits. She hit my strasburg auto, pujols auto redemption, and both my kobe hits.
Seriously, whats with the women pulling all the dope stuff on us?

I usually grab early 90s stuff from BBCExchange.com or ebay. Basketball options are slim but i scored some good 88-89 Fleer boxes and 92-93 and 93-94 stuff. He gets new stuff in sporadically. More for older baseball collectors but beyond legit. Pulled my Scoring Kings from a box i picked up there.

I use ebay a lot too for finest and later 90s stuff.