`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How to figure out a Graded price on Low pop MJ cards?

How to figure out a Graded price on Low pop MJ cards?
So, I have been trying to figure out some prices on cards that don't have a Graded BGS 9.5 price?
Is there a formula in which Beckett work out a BGS 9.5 pricing from the pop reports?
Or... Do they take past sales of Graded cards and work them out that way? I really doubt this.

What would this card work out to be????
Michael Jordan 1996-97 Z-Force Big Men on the Court
BV $450
POP is
6 =8
11=8.5
29=9
15=9.5
How can i work out what a BGS 9.5 would be worth???
Any ideas?

I have a heap of BGS 9.5's that i'd like to know their BV before i do some trades on them....

Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

RE: How to figure out a Graded price on Low pop cards?
I'd say average transaction prices are your best guide, with ebay probably being your easiest source. Then just apply the same thought process to the card your trading for, so SV are equal.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

(01-08-2013, 03:42 AM)westhoustonvw Wrote: I'd say average transaction prices are your best guide, with ebay probably being your easiest source. Then just apply the same thought process to the card your trading for, so SV are equal.
Only problem with that is, i have bought the last 3....
I haven't seen any others....

I always thought if a raw cards BV was lets say 450, then in order to hold that BV it had to be graded a 9.

Pretty sure all cards in the price guide are based off of "9" standards (mint). Now if its a 9.5 or higher then I would assume a certain percentage is added to the cards value. So if its a 450 BV in a 9, then a 9.5 would be around 450 with an added 50 to 75% of that in addition.

450+ lets say another 300 ish...750ish BV or a little higher maybe.

That's the way I always figured it to be. Of course it gets technical when a card is a bit more rare. Then I think population report and previous sàles take account as well.

Book values are based on NrMt cards.

I think it depends on the card. Some cards you will be lucky to get high BV for a BGS 9.5 but other cards that are more sought after like Kobe, lebron and Jordan will have values above high bV that only the market will determine.If everybody out there wants a certain Jordan card in BGS 9.5 (all Jordan collectors) then of course it will probably sell for highr than high BV with so many people competing to get it.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

RE: How to figure out a Graded price on Low pop MJ cards?
I'm sure beckett has a formula to work them out, i don't believe they use past sales at all...
Does anyone have a beckett graded card magazine?
Maybe it's in there???