`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
what would you do??

what would you do??
So I bought this pmg jordan and just had it graded..it got a 8.5 with subgrades 9.5,9.0,9.5 and 7.5 surface because of the refractor line going down the right side. i paid $1050 for it. Would you get rid of it because of the refractor line or hold onto it?
[Image: mjprecious.jpg]

RE: what would you do??
If it's PC then I would keep it. Doesn't really matter to me. If you pick up another one down the road, then you can move it at that time.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

If you can pick up another one for cheaper, then once you got a replacement, sell that one...

I do not understand why people pay so much for a new card with an old college picture on it, that has been used hundreds of times...

don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful card.. but way over-hyped...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

jp- ya youre right. i looked at it as a investment because pmg's usually hold their value or go up

(01-06-2013, 10:43 PM)blackitalian Wrote: jp- ya youre right. i looked at it as a investment because pmg's usually hold their value or go up
My opinion with retro PMG's is this....
They will NEVER be sort after like the originals, they are not even in the same league as the originals...
The are not even made the same, NO ETCHING!!!
They are EXTREMELY easy to obtain, with odds that are a joke compared to how hard the 90's ones were...

The reason they are still selling for OK money is simply because they have an inflated BV (MJ Red)
When you buy one for say $1300 or less then it feels like its a good deal, But when BV drops to $1500 or even less then people will expect to pick them up for $700 or less...

I don't see any real value in the Retro PMG's at all, But many people do and thats a goodthing for people that have them....
If all the inserts from Fleer Retro were made EXACTLY the same as the originals EMBOSSED,ETCHED,SAME MATERIALS-NOT FLIMSY CHEAP CARDBOARD then i would have bought every single MJ insert in the set.

To the OP, i would get your money out of that PMG as quick as you can!

Having said all that, i have been wrong before and may be proven wrong again with Retro PMG's, only time will tell...
Gary.
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

What Gary said has a lot of truth, I took the risk and picked us this red pmg graded bgs 9 for $1100, it was a bargin if u ask me, the person I bought it off paid $2100 !! And at auction I won it for half the price he paid, still worth having however its the poor mans pmg compared to the others 90's pmg's but it's all I can afford as the others are well out of my price range, I would sell it if I were you and maybe try and buy a bgs 9 or better so u don't get shafted again with an ungraded example [Image: 6245CCBE-716F-4093-88D4-F8BECBC449A0-327...bcdd4b.jpg]

90's mj collector 9.5's or better, also collecting Chris Paul patches and autos

would you take a mj rc over that then? im getting a full refund back for the pmg

(01-06-2013, 09:04 PM)blackitalian Wrote: So I bought this pmg jordan and just had it graded..it got a 8.5 with subgrades 9.5,9.0,9.5 and 7.5 surface because of the refractor line going down the right side. i paid $1050 for it. Would you get rid of it because of the refractor line or hold onto it?
[Image: mjprecious.jpg]
That is funny... I was going to purchase that card and the seller swore the card did not have a "refractor" line.
Also, I remember the seller replying to my email and saying: "I have a real cheap scanner...." thats when I knew he was full of crap. Because that is the same picture on his auction and its clearly a picture taken from a camera.
And b/c I think he is full of crap and is not a honest seller... I will publish his eBay username: italianz31 (314)
What is real funny is that your username is: blackitalian and the eBay id associate with the photo you posted is italianz31 (314).... ummm, coincidence?

Furthermore, I dont see where that card sold on eBay completed listing.... ummmm

SHADY!!!!

(01-09-2013, 06:43 AM)JMF_PR83 Wrote: That is funny... I was going to purchase that card and the seller swore the card did not have a "refractor" line.
Also, I remember the seller replying to my email and saying: "I have a real cheap scanner...." thats when I knew he was full of crap. Because that is the same picture on his auction and its clearly a picture taken from a camera.
And b/c I think he is full of crap and is not a honest seller... I will publish his eBay username: italianz31 (314)
What is real funny is that your username is: blackitalian and the eBay id associate with the photo you posted is italianz31 (314).... ummm, coincidence?

Furthermore, I dont see where that card sold on eBay completed listing.... ummmm

SHADY!!!!
LMAO! BUSTED!!!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

(01-10-2013, 01:07 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: LMAO! BUSTED!!!
Lol indeed !

90's mj collector 9.5's or better, also collecting Chris Paul patches and autos