`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Birthday trip to the CS with box of prism.

Birthday trip to the CS with box of prism.
So I live in a small town with no Card shops around me so it isn't often I get to venture to one. My wife and I were heading to Indy for my Birthday and I looked up to see if there were any shops in the area to spend my birthday money. (That's right, I'm 31 and still get birthday money, lol) We decided on The Dugout in Plainfield.

This place is the kind of shop I've always dreamed of. All of the other shops I have been too have a very quiet atmosphere with maybe one other customer there at a time, the shop owners don't talk and it's get in and get out. But this place was amazing. I seriously could've spend a week there. When we pulled into the parking lot there were people parked blocking other people in that's how full it was. After we walked in I found out it was because of some Yu-Gi-Oh Pokemon tournament or something. But anyway this place was hoppin'. I'm surprised there wasn't a cover charge at the door.

The prices were very nicely priced in my opinion. I picked up 2 singles for my HOF auto collection.
Frank Ramsey and Sam Jones at $8 a piece
[Image: 20130106_000202.jpg]

And then since I haven't busted a box in over 2 years I decided to buy a box of prism for $105.
I don't' really know what I was expecting out of the box but I don't think it was as good as I wanted it to be.
Here's the goods.
[Image: 20130105_235718.jpg]
Also got Downtown Bound: Kevin Durant
USA: Tyson Chandler
Finalist: James Worthy
Notable Rookies: MKG and A Davis

Looks like I got a pretty good start to a John Jenkins collection. Was pretty disappointed with my autos.

The gold was nice although I would've preferred a better player. Everything will be for trade except for the notable rookies and gold I'm going to send to auction.

Sorry for the long read but thanks for looking. Peace!
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

RE: Birthday trip to the CS with box of prism.
A good amount of inserts in that box and the gold...you have the right idea on auctioning it off
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

nice hit on the gold, let us know what it sells for.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

dude 8$ for a sam jones auto, I got to find myself a lcs. Great pickups.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

lol nice find on the card store! I've bought two boxes of Prizm and yours blew mine away. Nice gold, those are pretty hot sellers right now. Don't feel bad about the Bday money I'm turning 29 this month and thats probably all I will get lol.

That Sam Jones is a beauty

HEY! Whats wrong with those autos!!! Taylor is gonna be a great player. Chapman, well, what else is there to say? Its Rex Chapman! At least hes a legend around here. Nice story and Gold prizm! Cant beat gold right now.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Is Taylor a good player Quavis? I don't know anything about him. Any interest in trading for it?

I would but I already have 2 of that one. He's as good as a second rounder as they come. Hes starting to get comfortable on the court. Hell of a defender, has had some sweet dunks already, very agressive on both ends. Not saying hes the next Kobe or anything, just has great potential. Hes started over several vets many times already which tells me hes been proving himself to the coach. Hell be a Parker or Battier type of player. Ive had to opt out of buying some of his cards because I couldnt afford them. The Certified low print and low print Leafs sell higher than Id like to spend. Luckily I got most of them when he was unknown and cheap. As a Bobcat, he wont gain too much stock, but as soon as he gets traded, I hope not though, he will be a baller and stock will rise. IMO. Id hold on for a bit unless you need the $3 from selling it now. lol
Plus his sister is the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen!
[Image: mt1.jpg]
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I have no idea what's in that thumbnail but it won't get any bigger. So I think it's a woman posing, lol. When I click on it it takes me to your Photobucket where it's the same size.