`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Business card scanner for baseball cards?

RE: Business card scanner for baseball cards?
(01-07-2013, 03:56 PM)cweiland Wrote: I have the Epson v37 model and it works great. I got it at Staples for a little under a 100.00. Easy to use and everything looks the same each time I scan.
Can you connect wireless to your PC?
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

It sounds like an auto-crop issue. Like someone else said if you go right to scan it usually tries to detect what is being scanned and crop out the wasted space. If you have too much of a gap between cards it might just pick 1 and ignore the rest. My kodak scanner has a checkbox to turn each item into its own file, but it doesn't always cut the image in the right place. I turn the feature off and chop and rotate myself in photoshop. You could try a different scanning program to see if one gives you better control over cropping. You don't always have to use the one that came with the scanner.

As far as the automated business card reader idea, I think the issue would be too much of a risk of it damaging a card with moving parts. Think of how annoying it is to pull a jammed document out. Now imagine how much worse you would feel if that 'paper' was worth $1, $500, etc to you or someone else.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

I agree acevanquish, too risky.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!