`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Most disappointing product of 2012?

Most disappointing product of 2012?
Looking for what you feel is the most disappointing product of 2012. One you really had high hopes for and was no where near what you thought.

My Vote: 2012 Certified

Usually a solid product from year to year. This year a majority of boxes busted contained 3 jersey cards and 1 auto. FOTG design was not as nice as previous years.

What's your opinion?

RE: Most disappointing product of 2012?
To me, Rookies and Stars was the UGLIEST cards I've seen this year. I will say my favorite has been Platinum, but I got two Crown Royale boxes coming in and I think thats about to change
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

I agree with duch, for me it's gotta be rookies and stars
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

For me I would have to say Panini product all around. Constant redemptions pulled and VERY hit or miss product this year and I have had a couple decent pulls from them as well this year.
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

(01-06-2013, 03:06 PM)mik253 Wrote: For me I would have to say Panini product all around. Constant redemptions pulled and VERY hit or miss product this year and I have had a couple decent pulls from them as well this year.
Yeah, most of Panini was a negative for me. I think Prestige and Elite got a little better but everything else came off as sub par. R&S was the most disappointing. they look like they were designed in a high school intro to photoshop class.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

for me I was highly disappointed with the Bowman Signatures product this year and the sketch looking design and no NFL logo's for the RC's.

Also Topps Inception had a really bad chipping issue more so than usual for a black bordered product.

Agree though Platinum was by far my favorite set along with the Base Topps. I'm not a huge high end collector so price for me is a big factor over design. If I like the design of a high end set I might get my one or two favorite base verterans off ebay or something.

My biggest disappointment was there was no Threads released this year.
[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile

(01-06-2013, 05:43 PM)msimonds Wrote: My biggest disappointment was there was no Threads released this year.
I was really surprised they didn't release it this year. It seemed to always be a really popular early release. And it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

I'd have to agree with Chevy Man 22, Bowman was absolutely horrendous.

I agree with the OP - Certified was very disappointing with 1 less auto a box ,and no on card autos on the rookies (and I didn't think it was possible but MORE redemptions than last year!?!) Rookies and Stars is never a great looking product IMO but this year was worse than usual.
Yeah, Platinum was great looking this year, but I didn't personally have much luck with it. Prime was solid again as well and had great photography on most of the cards.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]