(01-06-2013 09:24 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: That's why these sites have their own TOS. If people are making arrangements outside of that and get the run around when it's all said and done, then you are no longer protected by the sites TOS.
Never make "behind the scenes" transactions because it isn't a guarantee. I've learned my lesson long ago, not just on eBay, but on trade sites as well.
Seems like a Mans Word isn't ***** anymore...
(01-06-2013 11:27 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: My transaction wasn't beyond the Ebay guidelines, his auctions were BIN/BO and my he was supposedly going to relist and accept my offers of $50 on each one. Given that he had not received a better offer before his original listings ended.
(01-06-2013 10:17 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: did you contact him at the 2 week mark and let him know you had the money? i dont see a problem with him relisting it, he didnt have the money from you and we all know how people do back out of deals. now if you contacted him after 2 weeks saying i have the money and ready to pay, and he then stated he wanted to let the auction ride out again, that would be an issue imo.
(01-06-2013 08:48 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: I just had this same problem with a guy on ebay! I was going to pay this Friday, the auction ended three days before. There were two items one booking 150 the other booking 100. The Seller agreed to accept $100 for both on Friday. The auction ended, he messaged making sure we were still locked in, I told him yeah. Friday comes Moneys ready to go.... no response... it is now Sunday and I have heard nothing. As soon as I spend the money I know I'll hear from him. But if I wait I'm sure I won't hear anything. It is aggravating when someone neglects to follow their end of an agreement, but it is infuriating when someone just completely ignores the agreement and doesn't even have the courtesy to give a heads up.
(01-06-2013 08:14 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: A seller on eBay had an item that I wanted but the BIN price was too high for me. I contacted him asking if he would sell it to me for a certain price. The amount that he was willing to part at was more than what I currently had available so I asked him if he could hold it for me for two weeks. He agreed to do so if the item didn't sell by auctions end. He contacted me again and let me know that he was going to hold it for me.
I looked the next week and he relisted the item. I decided to move on because he chose to relist the item after our agreement. The seller contacted me yesterday (around 3 weeks later) asking if I was still interested. I let him know that I thought that he didn't want to do our agreement because it relisted the item. He told me that he relisted it to see if he could get more but it's mine if I still want it???
I'm a stickler for agreements. I moved on and spent the money I budgeted for the item on other stuff. I basically no longer want the item unless he moves off of our original price. If the item would've sold he would not have had anything to say. My guess is that he's willing to accept the deal with me because it's the best he can get.
Just venting about the people of eBay. How do you all feel about agreements?