`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What card is your pride and joy??

RE: What card is your pride and joy??
For me, it isn't a card. It is my HOFer autographed baseball collection, which includes Whitey Ford, Sandy Koufax, Nolan Ryan, and Warren Spahn, with quite a few others.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

For me it's my only MJ auto.

[Image: MJArtifactsAutofacts.jpg]

Im sure Im like a lot of guys on here, but my coveted favorite card is my 1989 Upper Deck Griffey RC. I started collecting cards as a kid @ 8 years old on 1988. I bought a few packs of UD and my friend pulled one in '89 but wouldn't trade it. I finally saved up $25 in 1990 (I think?) and bought one at a local store where I would buy my baseball little league equipment (they sold a few cards there to).

I still have it, its in perfect shape. Its one I'd never trade or sell. I had sold off 90% of my collection on 2008 and had to of course, keep the Griffey!

(01-06-2013, 01:13 PM)jcanavas Wrote: Im sure Im like a lot of guys on here, but my coveted favorite card is my 1989 Upper Deck Griffey RC. I started collecting cards as a kid @ 8 years old on 1988. I bought a few packs of UD and my friend pulled one in '89 but wouldn't trade it. I finally saved up $25 in 1990 (I think?) and bought one at a local store where I would buy my baseball little league equipment (they sold a few cards there to).

I still have it, its in perfect shape. Its one I'd never trade or sell. I had sold off 90% of my collection on 2008 and had to of course, keep the Griffey!
The lone Griffey rookie I pulled from UD when I was a kid got stolen when I was 13. I do have a factory sealed set though but it will never be opened. I'm being patient and trying to find a reasonable graded one on eBay or something.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Sorry for the poor scan quality, but here's mine: 2010 Triple Threads Mike Stanton RC 1/1 patch auto

[Image: Scan130060005_zps4283b575.jpg]
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

[Image: bgsmiggy.png]

For me, it has to be these three.
[Image: HankAaronauto.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsd756d780.jpg]

And I know this last one isn't a card, but it took me forever to get a nice autographed photo of Peyton Manning!
[Image: photo4.jpg]
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

This 1992 Classic Ken Griffy Jr Autographed card.
[Image: scan0001_zpsb8a627c4.jpg]

I pulled this card way back in 1992. My Grandmother was in the hospital at the time. She gave my $20 and told me to buy whatever I wanted. Well, after visiting hours, my parents and I went to the mall, where they had a Kay Bee Toy Store. They had a promotion that if you spent $15 on Classic Cards you received a numbered promo sheet. I bout 16 packs, as they were .99 each. And opened 15 of them on the way home and saved the last pack, because at the time I thought the packs were pretty cool. The pack sat unopened for about 20 minutes after we got home. I remember opening the pack and screaming, it was the first time I had ever pulled an autographed card, and with it being my favorite player it was even more amazing. Not long after I opened the pack, we received the call that my Grandmother had passed away.
Collecting any and everything LOST 112/138 (81%) LOST autographed cards and 33/95 (35%) LOST Memorabilia Cards.

(01-06-2013, 07:36 PM)mcflysportscards Wrote: This 1992 Classic Ken Griffy Jr Autographed card.
[Image: scan0001_zpsb8a627c4.jpg]

I pulled this card way back in 1992. My Grandmother was in the hospital at the time. She gave my $20 and told me to buy whatever I wanted. Well, after visiting hours, my parents and I went to the mall, where they had a Kay Bee Toy Store. They had a promotion that if you spent $15 on Classic Cards you received a numbered promo sheet. I bout 16 packs, as they were .99 each. And opened 15 of them on the way home and saved the last pack, because at the time I thought the packs were pretty cool. The pack sat unopened for about 20 minutes after we got home. I remember opening the pack and screaming, it was the first time I had ever pulled an autographed card, and with it being my favorite player it was even more amazing. Not long after I opened the pack, we received the call that my Grandmother had passed away.
Very cool card and interesting back story. Thanks for sharing.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Have had the card for 20 years, finally got it graded last month.

[Image: Scan_Pic0014_zpsa21cb1e3.jpg]