`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
USPS online shipping question

RE: USPS online shipping question
(01-05-2013, 01:33 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Directly from USPS.
Definitely go straight through paypal, by far the easiest and cheapest way!

(01-05-2013, 02:03 PM)dpatera Wrote: Definitely use paypal. I think the reason you're finding the shipping so expensive on the usps site is that you're looking at Priority Shipping, when the bubble envelope is usually sent First Class. From the options you show, they may not offer that online through the usps.
You're right. THey don't offer 1st Class shipping unless you have a business account. -I decided to go with Paypal.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

how do you use paypal to send postage? ive tried checking the site plenty of times and have never figured out how to use it, i would love to use it instead of stamps.com(no dc# and high monthly fee) .
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(01-06-2013, 05:34 AM)pyr0punk Wrote: how do you use paypal to send postage? ive tried checking the site plenty of times and have never figured out how to use it, i would love to use it instead of stamps.com(no dc# and high monthly fee) .
Go to your main page and to the right is mult-order shipping..click that and it opens a window with all the postage options..BUT NOT INTERNATIONAL

(01-05-2013, 02:23 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Use paypal for shipping trades, however if you sell something on ebay, always use ebay shipping as it is 2 cents less for a 3 oz package than paypal.

For example a 3oz package for an ebay sold item is $1.62, but using paypal shipping it is $1.64

Also From 1oz to I believe it is the cutoff rate is 5oz is going to cost the same.
Just used it for a ebay order, it is the same $1.64 and 3 oz is the limit and DC free

(01-05-2013, 01:20 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I'd appreciate any help I can get on this. -I'm new to USPS online shipping and just created an account today. Basically, I just want to be able to print out postage labels for my trades. However, it appears that the shipping costs are double (starting at $5) what they usually are (approx. $2). Obviously I'm doing something wrong here, but I'm not sure what. It looks like all of the options the site is giving me is for Priority mail (I just want first class).

Also, I should know this by now, but what is the typical weight of a bubble mailer and 2 top-loaded cards? 2 ounces??

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
Here's what the shipping options look like:

Expected Delivery Shipping Price
Priority Mail® Service (Non-flat Rate)
Image of brown cardboard box
Priority Mail® Service (Non-flat Rate) Following this link will open a new window with content about Priority Mail Service.A small white circle with a blue I in it
(Choose your own box)

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

$6.20 You'll save $0.10 by shipping online!
Flat Rate Envelope
Image of a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope - a red-rimmed cardboard envelope
Flat Rate Envelope Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope.A small white circle with a blue I in it
12-1/2" x 9-1/2"

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

$4.90 You'll save $0.25 by shipping online!
Small Flat Rate Envelope
Image of a Priority Mail Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope - a red-rimmed cardboard envelope
Small Flat Rate Envelope Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Envelope.A small white circle with a blue I in it
6" x 10"

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

Gift Card Envelope
Image of a Priority Mail Priority Mail Gift Card Envelope - a red-rimmed cardboard envelope
Gift Card Envelope Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Gift Card.A small white circle with a blue I in it
10" x 7"

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

Legal Flat Rate Envelope
Image of a Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope - a red-rimmed cardboard envelope
Legal Flat Rate Envelope Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope.A small white circle with a blue I in it
15" x 9-1/2"

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

$5.10 You'll save $0.20 by shipping online!
Padded Flat Rate Envelope
Image of a Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope - a thick red-rimmed padded paper envelope
Padded Flat Rate Envelope Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope.A small white circle with a blue I in it
9-1/2" x 12-1/2"

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

$5.10 You'll save $0.20 by shipping online!
Large Flat Rate Box
Image of a Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box - a short red-rimmed cardboard box
Large Flat Rate Box Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box.A small white circle with a blue I in it
12" x 12" x 5-1/2

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

$14.65 You'll save $0.80 by shipping online!
Medium Flat Rate Box
Image of a Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box - a very short red-rimmed cardboard box
Medium Flat Rate Box Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box.A small white circle with a blue I in it
11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2
13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

$10.85 You'll save $0.50 by shipping online!
Small Flat Rate Box
Image of a Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box - a very small red-rimmed cardboard box
Small Flat Rate Box Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box.A small white circle with a blue I in it
5-3/8" x 8-5/8" x 1-5/8

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

$5.15 You'll save $0.20 by shipping online!
Regional Rate Box A
Image of a Priority Mail Regional Rate Box A - a medium tall red-rimmed cardboard box
Regional Rate Box A Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Regional Rate Box AA small white circle with a blue I in it
Side Loading: 13-1/16" x 11-1/16" x 2-1/2"
Top Loading: 10-1/8" x 7-1/8" x 5"

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

$9.62
Regional Rate Box B
Image of a Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B - a tall red-rimmed cardboard box
Regional Rate Box B Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Regional Rate Box B.A small white circle with a blue I in it
Side Loading: 16-1/4" x 14-1/2" x 3"
Top Loading: 12-1/4" x 10-1/2" x 5-1/2"

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

$15.46
Regional Rate Box C
Image of a Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C - a tall red-rimmed cardboard box
Regional Rate Box C Following this link will open a new window with content about the Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C.A small white circle with a blue I in it
Side and Top Loading: 15" x 12" x 12"

priority mail®
2-3 day delivery

$45.02
Down toward the bottom after all the priority options it says first class mail and other options--click on that.

I use to ship no Ebay stuff and use First Class, and do not have a business account.-- You have to set a personal account though.

Yeah, PayPal for sure.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!