`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Group break debate

Group break debate
I recently took part in a group break for a jumbo case of 2012 bowman.

$45 got me spot 15 in a 30 spot team draft. I was able to take the Rockies, I figured I would rather try to get the Rockies instead of teams such as the blue jays. Anyway I'm not expecting much out of this because of the team I have. This was my first ever group break.

Not about my specific situation but what is your opinion of group breaks? Like them? Hate them? LOVE THEM???

Also is it better for a certain kind of product such as bowman vs ginter?

DEBATE!
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

RE: Group break debate
I recently was in two breaks for 2012 Triple Threads. I had the Dodgers on both breaks. The first break I didn't get much (it's in my updated mail day). The second break, I did extremely well. I haven't received the cards from the second break but I got a Andre Ethier 1/1 wood/auto relic and a few other cards.

I probably won't do anymore. I hope you do well.

Personally, I hate them. I would rather just buy the box myself and get what I get.

way too many scams. i thank god every day that beckett has their "no group break" policy, and has for years

(01-04-2013, 11:28 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: way too many scams. i thank god every day that beckett has their "no group break" policy, and has for years
I'm happy you responded. I value your opinion a lot on these boards.

And yeah I've been getting that feeling that this is a one time thing for me. I enjoy opening packs too much and what am I going to do with 100 Rockies Hana
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

im not saying there arent honest ones out there....but they have the same track record as dutch style auctions did about 6 years ago. their rep might be worse. but there are just tons of ways to scam with these auctions - even the ones with video

and to be truthful, im not sure how economical they really are. if youre a team collector, i guess it is one way to go about things. but most of the time you would be better off spending the money on singles of the team you like, rather than hoping for that lottery hit (than again, i could say the same thing about opening packs in general)

I seen this on the bay. Thought it was kinda odd, idk though .....

Did a few of them before, hated them, and would never do it again. Good luck in yours though.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

It's kind of like buying a lottery ticket. If you like to gamble then go for it. I've done a few triple thread breaks and hit a Sapphire Lawrie besides that have t had much luck. I enjoy opening packs myself so I doubt I'll do anymore breaks. Good luck on yours.

The only way I would ever do that is live in person.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.