`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Group break debate

RE: Group break debate
I've done a few with varying results. My best success came from a random team break. A Dylan Bundy Platinum Auto for the Orioles. Any time I've been able to pick the Giants, I usually haven't done that well so go figure.

I have done a bunch (cheaper breaks) where you pay for the team in advance on a 1 Box Break...Yanks, Sox, Dodgers ect. more expensive. Once picked the A's for $0.99 and got a Gio Gonzalas auto from Ginter. Also paid the same amount for the Astros & got a Wallace auto from Topps Update. Decided to stop because it was more fun opening my own.

Good luck, but as jacoby said....way, way to many scams / scamers online so do them in person or just with your friends.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I did a few through my online trading group back in 2008. I got to pick my team in the first break of 2008 Topps Chrome and I got some really nice Red Sox cards, refractors, autos and inserts. The next break I took the Yankees and did quite well too. The last one I did was 2008 UD Ballpark Collection with a GU in each pack. We were each assigned random pack numbers and I got GU cards of Nolan Ryan, Johan Santana, Vladimir Guerrero, Manny Ramirez, Albert Pujols, David Ortiz, Wade Boggs, Don Mattingly, Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., Prince Fielder and Ivan Rodriguez among many other lesser names. The break was posted on YouTube and the host was reputable. I didn't do any more breaks after that because they were team breaks and the Yankees and Sox were already claimed and I didn't want other teams.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html