`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Anyone still trade here? Bucket link inside......

RE: Anyone still trade here? Bucket link inside......
(01-05-2013, 01:37 PM)friedmana27 Wrote: why do you think trading is so bad here
On the old site you could fit more threads on page one and yet you still had enough traffic to bump a thread off the first page in 20 minutes regardless of the time of day. Traffic is just way down all around, its the same on most trade sites. Card collecting is slowly dying would be my guess. Its more than just the site having its issues although that isn't helping. I'll probably always have this hobby but looks like I might need to start spending more time and money in another one.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

wow i wonder if it will ever become better. i really hope it does, what do you think will happen in the future

I couldn't tell you, our hobby goes through trends like this. I personally just have never seen it this bad.

(01-05-2013, 01:37 PM)friedmana27 Wrote: why do you think trading is so bad here
The fact is these boards used to be covered in people much like other sites. Now you see the same guys daily (mostly good guys) but you can only trade with the same people so much. Many guys haven't logged in in forever. Beckett did a relaunch and after some hard times already. Now guys just gave up.

This used to be the place to trade. I have over 700 but you can see how they have slowed.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

thats real sad and unmotivating but iv spent to much money on this hobby for a 15 year old that im not able to stop ( not that i want to).what about you guys are you hobby for life

(01-05-2013, 07:04 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: The fact is these boards used to be covered in people much like other sites. Now you see the same guys daily (mostly good guys) but you can only trade with the same people so much. Many guys haven't logged in in forever. Beckett did a relaunch and after some hard times already. Now guys just gave up.

This used to be the place to trade. I have over 700 but you can see how they have slowed.
Believe it or not at one time I had well over 1000 transactions with different users on the old beckett. Thats not total trades, but deals I did with different people. Back before they even had a PM inbox and such and you kept record of your own trader references. Sadly I think people are just too lazy to go through the steps of setting up correctly and trading within the org. It scares a lot of new traders away when they post and they're threads get removed because their cards aren't in the org.

1000 thats crazy just today i got my tent ahaha. i hope it pick up in the near future

Yeah but the key point is it was well over 1000 different members. Not just 1000 transactions, I stopped keeping track after that. It goes to show you how many members we used to have. Of course back then I collected baseball, football (which I still do), as well as basketball and hockey.

Bump.

I chalk up the lack of trading on here to a few things. The economy is down so people are more inclined to not buy cards so not much new stuff to trade. Also with the prices on some of these new products people are looking to sell and make money in order to continue buying or justify the fact they paide 300 for a box. Last thing is that people, and this is just my opinion, are more inclined to colect auto/gu cards which alot dont have cause they get sold on the bay first. It is almost not worth it to trade base and even some parallels or inserts cause of the shipping cost. I personally enjoy putting together base sets but have been turned down because those cards being sent does not justify the price of shipping. This ramble of course is just my opinion.
[Image: Ry9TZ.png]
Photobucket: http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/german...n/library/
Current Projects:
2013 Bowman Inception Prospect set 46/47
2013 Tribute Base