`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE

RE: CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE
(01-06-2013, 05:03 PM)ktcardshop Wrote: Why can Ebay sort through 2,964,681 active baseball listings in 2 seconds?
EBay is a multi-billion dollar company with a vast amount of resources thrown into it. Comparing it Beckett is apples and orangutans. Additionally, your example is just a simple word search, a far different creature than a database search. Also, eBay,s new format that is rolling out is veeeery slow, especially with some browsers

They don't care what we think, it's pretty obvious the way they have handled all changes to the site over the last several years. The way this company handles it's online presence is ridiculous, ludicrous and almost criminal. We really only need 1 person to pay for the pricing, everything else could be done better and much easier than what they have here.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

thanks for posting this - I was adding a bunch of blasters and thought I was losing my mind. I knew I had the cards, but they kept getting added. Once I started putting them away I realized I needed to go back into the Org and update everything.

This site could be so great - just a few basic change management and communication principles would make up for the lack of IT resources.
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Still can't add cards to organize.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

you can add cards to organize. but if they are already in your org, it wont be indicated in the opg, and it will say it was added successfully. check your org (all items) and trash. most likely, the card is already there

Thanks for the comments. This was set to be a temporary solution to deal with some of the speed issues we have seen lately, but I wanted to let you know we returned things back to the way they were and will continue working on other aspects of the speed improvement project.

The project will encompass code review, hardware review, indexing improvements for the Organize database and more.

Thanks again for your comments and your patience!

~Bill S.
Bill S.
"32-years in the Hobby"
Collector of all "Sutherland" cards!

Thank you.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Yes, Thank You very kindly.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

We are looking into some better ways to deal with all the data on the various pages that slow things down, and will implement some solutions soon. Search results pages are very query heavy (causing some slowness) in that if you are viewing 500 items, the system has to check 500 times as to whether or not you have the item in Organize and also another 500 times to check whether or not you have OPG access. We could cache those values, but that creates a whole different set of issues. So we are trying to find a compromise that makes the database happy and all of us using the software.

But rest assured, I am an Organize user for my personal Sutherland collection and I have seen the speed issues lately and will do my best to get it solved quickly.

Thanks, Bill
Bill S.
"32-years in the Hobby"
Collector of all "Sutherland" cards!

It looks like the grey out feature is back?! Thats exciting