`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE

RE: CHANGE IN ORG/OPG FUNCTIONALITY - PLEASE READ IF YOU USE ORGANIZE
Thanks for this thread, I thought I was going crazy last night... Guess it wasn't me, it's the site.
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

And to top it all off...the site is running even slower than usual for me tonight. So now we have a major inconvenience that does nothing to solve a different inconvenience. My two subscriptions (baseball and hockey) just autorenewed so I guess Beckett's got a year to solve this before I can make a decision on not using OPG and ORG anymore
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

The funcionality of this site really seems to be in a downward spiral. I'm all for keeping my mouth closed if I can't constructively help the situation but it's getting so bad. I already had to do my own work-around to get my CC# deleted so it doesn't auto-renew
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

So THAT'S what's been going on. I've been screaming and banging my head against the wall because this site is so s...l...o...w...

I want Beckett to provide me with a helmet and a new binky.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

This stuff never ends!
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

It is not too much of a problem for me, as I use it only for my player collection, which is in the tough to find phase, so I'm not adding all that often.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

but it is a huge issue for others, like me, because i enter thousands of cards from a number of different sources every month, and every order i get is a different collection. this is a HUGE screwjob for folks like me

Why can Ebay sort through 2,964,681 active baseball listings in 2 seconds?

I just realize that I bought some cards on ebay today that I thought I needed (when I looked them up they were blue instead of ghosted). Darn. Oh well. At least I know now.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Yeah I agree with jacobystealshome - everyone uses OPG/ORG differently but this change makes my life A LOT harder. I have roughly 600,000 cards I'm still cataloging, I try to add 1000 a night, some nights 5000. This slows me down significantly.

I use collections extensively, combined with tags. I don't duplicate entries (may have a few in my ORG duplicated from early testing/tweaking how I wanted to do things that I haven't found since I changed my mind). My philosophy is a card may exist in multiple boxes so it will have multiple tags. I view my ORG with the tags shown.

I use 5000 count boxes to store most everything. Each row in a box is a collection of mine so that I can quickly find and pull things for trades, sales, etc.

I use top loaders for cards with book values over a certain mark, and have these in BCW shoeboxes, with each of these shoeboxes being a collection.

I use one touch loaders for mem cards and have these in BCW shoeboxes as well, with each being a collection.

Then I have my PC guys, with all of their cards in their own collection.

I currently have 309 collections and will have another 400 or so by the time I'm done cataloging my current inventory, not to mention new acquisitions.

Yes, I'm a little anal retentive about things lol

One thing to note, IMHO, this change wouldn't be so bad if
1. it actually solved the site performance issues which it does not seem to have made any impact on from what I've seen
2. if we got actually useful feedback when adding a card that stated this card already exists in one of your collections and it wasn't added instead of the "this item was added successfully" banner that happens regardless of actual success.

ceocards - can you pass item #2 on to the devs? I'm sure it's been brought up before but as has been said, the change they made without understanding the usability impact is very bad for many of us. If they could at least think about a few ways to improve the usability maybe the change wouldn't be so bad. However, since the change didn't improve performance I think most of us would prefer they undo the change [Image: smile.gif]