`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Excitement Level for 2013 Topps Series 1 To Come out

RE: Excitement Level for 2013 Topps Series 1 To Come out
(01-04-2013, 09:01 PM)clarkzac Wrote: I'm guessing Bundy, Machado, Profar, and Olt will all be included since they made debuts this past season
Yep, good call.

See, in my opinion, this is where Topps shoots itself in the foot with all the Bowman prospect stuff ... like, you're right, those will probably be the big names ... but I've already got a bunch of their Bowman cards from one or two years ago.

To me, whether or not Topps officially designates a RC with the little logo — or Beckett recognizes it as such or whatever — is irrelevant.

If I pulled a Bryce Harper card out of a pack in 2011, I don't really feel like I pulled his "true RCs" in 2012, you know what I mean?

At least last year, with Cespedes and Darvish being international players, their first cards in MLB unis (not WBC stuff) at least felt like RCs.

Yup I'm eagerly waiting to get my fix!

Will be picking up a Jumbo box or 2 plus the blisters here and there while at target, Walmart and toys r us with the family

The hits look to be sweet but an initial look through the checklist left me saying WTF no Miggy base. Do I really have to wait till series 2 for a Miggy base?

I can't wait to see the pink border parallels in person. I think I may have to go after those as I bet a lot of manly men won't want to have those in their collections Smile
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(01-05-2013, 11:55 AM)tntmclmm Wrote: The hits look to be sweet but an initial look through the checklist left me saying WTF no Miggy base. Do I really have to wait till series 2 for a Miggy base?
So all of the all stars are supposed to be in Series 1?
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

Ill be buying at least 1 box maybe more.

Not to fear, tntmclmm, the initial checklist is 100 names, the set is 330, so he may still be in there.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

This is the time of year when I usually get excited for the new releases. I would use part of my tax refund to buy a few boxes of Topps Series 1 and a few Heritage also but this year I have zero interest. I have been on the site and reading about the releases trying to kick start my interest in the hobby. Maybe by the time it gets released I will have some interest. Otherwise my cards will continue to sit in storage like they have for a month and a half.

im still debating over not getting any to save it for higher end product, a jumbo or 2, or a case. i can't make up my mind.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector