`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
My first super collecting adventure starts.....Now!

My first super collecting adventure starts.....Now!
So ive seen a lot of super collectors on here and it has always seemed like a ton of fun, so ive decided that I am going to start super collecting Jamaal Charles. 2,261 cards isn't going to be easy but I'm going to enjoy every second of it! I'm still also collecting the dwayne bowe and priest Holmes /199 or less as well but that may have to be on the back burner for a little bit. Any tips on the best way to go about super collecting? May be a dumb question but any advice is always welcome Smile
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

RE: My first super collecting adventure starts.....Now!
I'm no expert but trade for as much as possible. Save your cash for the dreaded 1/1, hard to finds, etc on eBay. Also I have some Charles if you want to try and work a trade.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Check in my org/bucket and lets see what we can work out! Ive already got 13 cards I believe so I will have to check and see which I already have. I have lots of 2012 base/parallels from Topps/chrome/platinum that I can add to my org if need be as well
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

One thing I learned with Lynch and Turbin are focus on one key thing at a time if possible (rookie cards, cards from a certain year, etc). Also, print off the check sheet that shows all of the player's cards exist at that time and it can help you to better check off the cards that you need.

I looked at Lynch and that guy has nearly 11,000 cards. I only have about 150-200 of his cards, and there is no where near any chance I'll ever get all of his cards, so I decided to focus more on his actual rookie cards (non-auto) more since those are easier to come by at times and less expensive, and then working on his Seahawks cards also.

Good Luck and it's fun, just don't get too carried away like I have at times. eBay can be a monster..
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

(01-04-2013, 12:35 AM)gjhobbs Wrote: One thing I learned with Lynch and Turbin are focus on one key thing at a time if possible (rookie cards, cards from a certain year, etc). Also, print off the check sheet that shows all of the player's cards exist at that time and it can help you to better check off the cards that you need.

I looked at Lynch and that guy has nearly 11,000 cards. I only have about 150-200 of his cards, and there is no where near any chance I'll ever get all of his cards, so I decided to focus more on his actual rookie cards (non-auto) more since those are easier to come by at times and less expensive, and then working on his Seahawks cards also.

Good Luck and it's fun, just don't get too carried away like I have at times. eBay can be a monster..
Thanks for the advice! I am going to print off a list tomorrow so I can keep track. And I like the idea of concentrating on certain areas. I may start with rookies and work my way up from there. And ebay can definietly be a monster lol, I seem to always catch myself buying more cards for my collection even when I keep telling myself not to lol.
Oh and btw, where is the card show at this weekend? I wanna go check it out
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

You can load up on a lot of cards in a hurry buying multicard lots on the auction site. A nice affordable way to fill up the checklist. It's pretty cost effective until you're getting way more dupes than holes filled.

Ive been thinking about that. Ebay seems to have a bunch of Jamaal Charles "lots" for fairly cheap. Maybe when I start to get a bunch of them I can ask the people if I can just buy the ones out of the lot that I need lol
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Nice to see the birth of a new player collector. Big Grin Good luck with it.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

I definitely have some Charles for you... I can check you for a trade or I am always willing to sell.. pm me if interested!

(01-04-2013, 07:34 AM)nineof Wrote: Nice to see the birth of a new player collector. Big Grin Good luck with it.
Thanks!

and Brouwer63 - im sending you a pm right now!
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%