`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Good deal or not?

Good deal or not?
I found these for sale on Craigslist locally and just wanted to know your thoughts. The poster says all the cards are in Poor to Fair condition. Asking price is $35 for everything. The poster also says that the 1973 Willie Mays card has a few creases. Would you buy them for that price? If not, what would you offer?

1958 Topps Ted Kluszewski #178, Bob Smith #226, Billy Loes #359, and Ralph Lumenti #369

1959 Topps Leon Wagner #257, John Romonosky #267

1960 Topps Face/Hilhelm #115, Al Worthington #268 and Bobby Shantz #315

1961 Topps Bubba Phillips #101. 1963 Fleer Ralph Terry #26

1966 Topps Ron Santo #290, Moe Drabowsky #291, Charlie Lau #368, Lee Stange #371 Sam Bowens #412

1968 Topps Gary Nolan #196 and Alvin Dark #237

1970 Topps World Champions Mets #1 and World Series Game 5 #309

1973 Topps Strikeout Leaders Carlton/Ryan #67, Joe Morgan #230 and Willie Mays #305

1974 Topps All-Star Catchers #331

1976 Topps Willie Stargell #270 and Gary Carter #441

1977 Topps Brooks Robinson #285

1978 Topps Dave Winfield #530, Steve Carlton #540, and Rod Carew #580

1980 Topps Reggie Jackson #600
Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.

RE: Good deal or not?
In poor/fair condition, I wouldn't spend $35 on them. If there were some nice 50's or 60's stars in there, then it might be worth it just to say you have a cool older card of a superstar. But most of the bigger names are 70's cards, which simply aren't worth much in poor condition.

Just my two cents though... as with anything, the value of something is what you're willing to pay for it.
[Image: 7tljd.png]

(01-02-2013, 09:02 PM)phunkphlex Wrote: the value of something is what you're willing to pay for it.
No truer statement than that. Thanks for your input.
Looking for currently living HOF'ers Rookie Cards, Game Used, and Autographs. To include soon to be HOF'ers.

In poor to fair condition I wouldn't bother getting them. You would be better off buying on COMC or even eBay, and getting the exact cards you want in better condition for that price rather then a bunch of random low condition cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Not...
Move on or counteroffer for lower $$

If you think it is a good buy then go for it..... Lots of time I over pay if its something I really want or like especially harder to find oddball stuff. Cards like all collectibles is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Not like $35 is big money either way, if it makes you happy and you are fine with it go for it. If you are asking us for our opinion then you likely are having doubts so maybe you should pass.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

"All poor to fair", I'd pass at $35. I would definitely think about it if it were $25, though.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!