`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Site problems??

RE: Site problems??
It hasn't been lagging for me for about an hour and a half, pjpitbull, and I have IE.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Thats good. Will see how this Chrome does Smile

The first time I noticed the incredible slowness was when I upgraded my iPad from iOS5 to iOS6.
It takes minutes to change pages. Not so when I'm using IE on my laptop. (Slower than I'd like it to be, but not as bad compared to the iPad)
Mitch
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The pattern I've noticed is really, really slow throughout the day but faster at night.

Either way - very disappointing. Didn't think we'd see this with the upgrade to the "new" site
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Tic Toc, Tic Toc People Times a ticking away.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Very slow and loading pages is the issue..took 6 min to load page to post on forum yesterday afternoon..
I know of no other site with these problems...I can not imagine Amazon or ESPN or Fox or CNN having these issues....even my local plumber's website is faster than this most times

It's been mammothly slow for a while but this morning it seems to be zipping along like lightning. Did something finally get fixed or is traffic so light because everybody gave up?

it goes back and forth. it will be slow tonight
(01-03-2013, 05:00 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Very slow and loading pages is the issue..took 6 min to load page to post on forum yesterday afternoon..
I know of no other site with these problems...I can not imagine Amazon or ESPN or Fox or CNN having these issues....even my local plumber's website is faster than this most times
apples and orangutans

espn, amazon, etc are multi-billion dollar industries. beckett, comparatively, is tiny

as far as your local plumber...when they have a massive database, you can compare sites

im not trying to defend beckett here...the problem needs to fixed. however, beckett does have a bit of a disadvantage: for a relatively small business (compared to the ones listed), they have a very labor intensive online database that is accessed by a lot of people, which is constantly updated, and eats a ton of resources. it isnt just about servers, it's about code

a larger company would have a massive dev team for a site like this. because beckett is smaller, they have to rely on a much smaller staff to run it

Same here, DrMitchJ and iconms. You make an excellent point, jacobystealshome. Has anyone else noticed that News is pretty much always fast even when everything else is slow?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-03-2013, 01:00 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Has anyone else noticed that News is pretty much always fast even when everything else is slow?
Also, when the forum pages are loading at a snail's pace, the OPG is running smoothly. Different servers, perhaps, or not as much of a resource hog as the forum?
Just wondering out loud. Really doesn't make a difference in reality unless I have a solution.
Regards,
Mitch
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.