`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rookie of the year debate...???...

RE: Rookie of the year debate...???...
(12-31-2012, 02:16 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: so i guess if rg3 or morris werent a redskin they wouldve still gone 10-6 and a playoff berth? oh ok.

now luck feels the pain peyton manning had in his indy career... lol
All I said was that everyone is diecrediting Andrew Luck like he should not be considered for the ROY. Everyone in this years class has an equal chance to win from Lluck, to RGII, Morris, Wilson, Richjardson etc.....

May the best man win!!!

Happy New Year to all!

Why are you guys acting like Luck is the only new guy. 75% OF THE TEAM IS NEW - NOT JUST LUCK. Also I mentioned the defense earlier because they are just as responsible for keeping them in games.

Luck plays 1 position not 24...

Mark Sanchez has a higher completion %... seriously. Come on guys..

Im not biased either, i think RG3 should win but its most likely going to be between RG3 and Wilson.
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

Wilson has been amazing-especially in the 4th quarter. He plays in Seattle though, and Seattle never gets any love...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I agree but people dont see Wilson so he gets overlooked. Most people base their opinions off what they see/hear on espn.

That being said if you look at the numbers RG3 is slightly better then him in every category short of TD's.

Im going with RGII, and not because he has the best stats, but because he is the undisputed leader on that team, and he was made captain by his teammates mid-season.

Luck simply doesnt have the stats to measure up. yes, his team did better (so did the redskins), but that obviously wasnt just him. completion percentage is a HUGE stat, as has been mentioned...his was very poor.

Wilson would be my second choice...incredible season. gutsy player, great leader. just slightly less statistically than rgIII

as far as morris: look, he had a very good season. but every runner in shannahan's scheme runs well. terrel davis, portis, helu, orlandis gary, mike anderson, tatum bell, Reuben Droughns, selvin young. all of those guys either ran for 1000 yards, or averaged over 5 yards a carry.

i mean, even travis henry averaged over 4 yards a carry with him. even helu and torain averaged 4.5 and 700+ yards with the skins under shannahan

it might not be fair to call these guys systems backs - in a sense, all players, every position, are "system" players. but running back traditionally, annually do well under shannahan

when is voting due? Regular season?? or Post Season?? Regular no one offensive too close all four players 4 way split. deserve it Post season who ever gets their team deep in playoffs Redskins rookies can share if they get the team deep in playoffs.

Voting is due at the end of the regular season. Would be nice if they could hold off for a week since the big 4 are all in the playoffs and 3 of them will be playing each other in the first week.

(12-31-2012, 07:13 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: Voting is due at the end of the regular season. Would be nice if they could hold off for a week since the big 4 are all in the playoffs and 3 of them will be playing each other in the first week.
im with you hold off till after playoffs all leading players help teams to playoffs .

(12-31-2012, 02:16 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: so i guess if rg3 or morris werent a redskin they wouldve still gone 10-6 and a playoff berth? oh ok.

now luck feels the pain peyton manning had in his indy career... lol
Vegas agrees with me too, but what do they know?
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(12-30-2012, 11:09 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: I say wilson or rg3. I think Morris has ALOT to do with shanahan, i mean when has he not had a great back in that scheme?

I dont think luck belongs in the convo honestly. He gets all the credit yet 75% of the colts team is new and the guys they kept were players like mathis, freeney, bethea, wayne... No slouches.

Then you look at the stats... (before todays game)

Completion % - 54.3 second worse in the nfl going into the day (a day he had 50%) only behind chad henne.

TD's - 21 going into todays game / middle of the league

INT's - 18 tied for the most in the nfl

Sacks - 40 4th worst in the nfl

Fumbles - 9

QBR - 75.6 thats 29th out of 34 in the nfl

Honestly the only thing luck has going for him is yardage.
Isn't there only 32 teams in the NFL?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!