`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rookie of the year debate...???...

RE: Rookie of the year debate...???...
Also to be clear im not saying that wilson or rg3 will have a better career im just purely talking about OROY for this season.
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

What about Luke Kuechly for DROY? Wasn't he leading the NFL in tackles during the latter part of the season? That has to account for something.

As far as Luck not being in the conversation, a2coupe2a, I think you're totally off base and maybe a little biased to the home town guy. Sure Luck threw 18 ints, completion % was whatever and didn't have as many rushing yards or whatnot. What he did have is a down and out team that the year before he got there that went 2-14. Certainly not a winning record and a very far cry from the playoffs (which the Seahawks went to last year without the help of Mr. Wilson). From what I can gather on Google, the Colts went 11-5 this year. That's a pretty vast improvement to me. Indy had to stink last year to get the #1 draft pick this past year, right? To leave Luck out of the ROY conversation just seems a little wrong to me. I also have no idea why you would bring up Mathis, Freeman (who I think you may be mistaken for Dwight Freeney) and Bethea. Aren't those guys on the wrong side of the ball when trying to concider and offensive award?

I say give to OROY to Morris because if he was the starter from day 1 (like all 4 rookie starting qb's in week 1), he would have crushed ED's rookie rushing record and DROY to Kuechly.
[Image: steelers.jpg]

luck doesnt belong in the talks simply because other rookies had better years.. not degrading luck by any means but everyones right, he only had yardage and not alotve anything else. Morris,RG3 and wilson had better years unfortunately leaving luck outve the mix. even doug martin had 1454 yards so thats pretty impressive also. Morris only had about 20-25 more carries(just an estimated guess) and infact 2 more tds than martin did..
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

I think it should be Morris but I am biased as well he played all 16 games and ran like a pro...Griffin has done a great job dont get me wrong but Cousins came in and won 2 games as well for us Wilson should be in the hunt But Luck will Probably get it hes the Token QB in the NFL...But everyone is saying the Colts were horrible last year which is true but the year before with the same team Manning had a winning season so the QBs last year stunk.I dont think Luck is no slouch.I dont think he should be OROY.He put the Colts behind in alot of those games with his INT's. just my opinions
Photobucket

Alfred Morris has been the starter since Week 1. He had over 90 yards rushing and two tds against the saints. He had every chance to break ED's record but he isnt AD.

(12-31-2012, 03:46 AM)jeremy0998 Wrote: What about Luke Kuechly for DROY? Wasn't he leading the NFL in tackles during the latter part of the season? That has to account for something.

As far as Luck not being in the conversation, a2coupe2a, I think you're totally off base and maybe a little biased to the home town guy. Sure Luck threw 18 ints, completion % was whatever and didn't have as many rushing yards or whatnot. What he did have is a down and out team that the year before he got there that went 2-14. Certainly not a winning record and a very far cry from the playoffs (which the Seahawks went to last year without the help of Mr. Wilson). From what I can gather on Google, the Colts went 11-5 this year. That's a pretty vast improvement to me. Indy had to stink last year to get the #1 draft pick this past year, right? To leave Luck out of the ROY conversation just seems a little wrong to me. I also have no idea why you would bring up Mathis, Freeman (who I think you may be mistaken for Dwight Freeney) and Bethea. Aren't those guys on the wrong side of the ball when trying to concider and offensive award?

I say give to OROY to Morris because if he was the starter from day 1 (like all 4 rookie starting qb's in week 1), he would have crushed ED's rookie rushing record and DROY to Kuechly.
[Image: child_please_banner_49ers_zps677193f9.jpg]

I think its going to be between Wilson/RG3/Morris, and my pick is Morris but RG3 or Wilson will win it.

Wow, can't believe how Luck is getting bashed here. The number 1 stat, 2-14 to 11.5, he had no real coach all year to guide him in his rookie year. He had an offensive coordinatior. He's had no help what so ever with his offensive line which explains the crappy running game and the fact he had to always pass!
He's broker passing records for a rookie, he's broken the passing record in one game, yet everyone looks at his INT numbers. He has one real mentor, and that's Reggie Wayne. All the rest are rookies (kids like him) learning along the way.

Russel has the 2nd best rusher in the league! RGIII had one of the top rushers. The amount of pressure that takes off a QB especially a rookie is priceless. Luck's #'s would be more in line if he had an offensive line and experinced back (Donald Brown), only back they had with experience gone most of the season. Collie, gone!!

So enough with Luck not being deserving of the ROY! Not to take anything away from the other guys, but I can say that no one rookie meant more to his team (record shows it) than Luck to his team!

My money would be on Andrew Luck. Took a 2-14 team to 11-5 with little running game, OL or defense.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

so i guess if rg3 or morris werent a redskin they wouldve still gone 10-6 and a playoff berth? oh ok.
(12-31-2012, 02:05 PM)bselje Wrote: My money would be on Andrew Luck. Took a 2-14 team to 11-5 with little running game, OL or defense.
now luck feels the pain peyton manning had in his indy career... lol

[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

Okay, so there are arguments for and against the top three candidates.

Luck -- Pro ----Team has a 9 win improvement from last year. Con ----too many interceptions

RG3 --- Pro ---- 4000+ total yards, 102 QB rating. Con ---- more talent on team than Luck. If he had to pass more, he would have had more interceptions and a lower passer rating. Many of his passes were screens.

Morris--- Pro ---- 1600+ yards Con --- May be a product of the system.

It simply sounds like a wins vs stats debate.

All three deserve it. I believe RG3 will end up getting it but I am pulling for Morris, the underdog in this race.

My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2