`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is the population report accurate?

Is the population report accurate?
Within the past 2 weeks I saw a PSA 10 2010 Topps Heritage Derek Jeter 215a go for almost $80 on eBay, so I checked the BGS population report. It shows one Jeter graded at a 9.5. I have a 9.5. I find it hard to believe I'm the one who has the only one. Anyone out there have a 9.5?

Thanks,

Doug

RE: Is the population report accurate?
I don't have one, nor does Amazon or eBay.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Not many people grade modern cards unless they are rookie cards. That may be one reason as to why you are the only one with a BGS 9.5. There are collectors who go for PSA registries. They want to get every card of a certain player in a certain PSA grade
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

My understanding is that it IS accurate. I think clarkzak is right when he pointed out that not a lot of modern (relatively low value) cards get graded. Still, a 9.5 is a great card. Especially of Jeter.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

And if the population report is ever wrong, it will show more cards graded at a certain grade, and not less. The reason being is that many people will get a card with lets say a 9 grade, they break it out of the case and resubmit it in hopes of getting a 9.5. This never reflects on the population report unless the label is sent to BGS as well. I remember seeing a population report for a 2010 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor auto, and the population report showed 6. There are only 5 red refractors
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(12-29-2012, 04:28 PM)clarkzac Wrote: I remember seeing a population report for a 2010 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor auto, and the population report showed 6. There are only 5 red refractors
Good point!!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s