`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Brees 3 color patch, good buy?

Brees 3 color patch, good buy?
Once again i am looking in to cards to purchase and grade and then resell. Obviously i know that Autos bring a whole lot of $ (depending on the person) but what about GU patches? I found a Drew Brees (future HOF) Upper Deck Premier Patches card for sale, has 2 patches on it. 1 is a 3 color and the other is a 2 color. Its /99 and looks to be in damn good condition. Would it be worth it to try and get it for around $10 and get it graded? Idk how well non auto patch cards go up in value after they are graded. But if it seems like a good deal i may do it. Im still learning about these things so any input would help me expand my business greatly Smile
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

RE: Brees 3 color patch, good buy?
You should be able to get it and if it grades well maybe a little more problem is Saints had a rough year so wont be in such high demand if your trying to flip and make money you should look more to the rookies doing good this year try to buy them cheap maybe go to a LCS or look on Craigslist and buy lots people are selling.Buying on e-bay and trying to resell on e-bay is tough to make money but this is all my opinions as I dont sell much and I will buy and trade for tradebait so I can get more Skins cards
Photobucket

Lets say that you purchase the card and it grades at 9.5

My question as a buyer will be what is the sale price for one that is not graded.

For this particular card it may be difficult to find the history on an ungraded one at the same time that you are wanting to sell your graded one.

My initial thought from the business side of it is that a lot of factors would have to fall into place in order for this to be an easy flip for you.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Thanks guys! that actually really helps a lot. I think i will pass on the card. Im just starting up the business side of selling cards (been going about 2 months now) and even though me and my dad have been doing better than expected, we still have a whole lot to learn so any bit of info helps!
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

(12-27-2012, 08:33 PM)Socrkd55 Wrote: Thanks guys! that actually really helps a lot. I think i will pass on the card. Im just starting up the business side of selling cards (been going about 2 months now) and even though me and my dad have been doing better than expected, we still have a whole lot to learn so any bit of info helps!
If I was going with your business model of buying cards, grading them, then resale I would focus on these three areas.

1) Autos of QB HOFers -- The market for these would be stable

2) Autos of 4th-6th Round Draft Picks of QBs -- I would stick with the autos. This will come with some risk but high rewards.

3) Autos of Cowboys and Steelers stars -- These two teams have the best national following.

I would stay away from patches because of authenticity issues. Also,
I would recommend buying the bulk of your stuff of item 1 and 3 from Feb-May and have them graded for the start of the season.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Buying and then flipping on eBay is all about luck and takes a lot of scouring to find the deals. For example just yesterday I found a Brady RC auto tucked into a lot of some signed Pats pictures. The card sells for 500-1000, got the lot of items for 245. But it was pure luck that I found it there. Another example, last year someone listed a Brady RC at $500, which I knew sold for 1000+, I bought it right when they listed it, and flipped it literally the day I got it for $1000, again all about luck and timing.

My advice to you is to focus on 3-5 big money guys(Brady, RGIII, Manning, etc) and study the market prices for good cards of theirs. Once you have the data(save it all in excel) you can then start looking for deals in mis-listed items, flea markets, craigslist or whatever and then flip. Its not gunna make you a windfall, buts its fun and supports the hobby.

Unless you are doing higher value or rare cards it will not be worth the cost of grading. A $10 card that gets a 9.5 wont boost enough to cover the cost of grading and the time involved if you intend to flip. If you intend to hold and sell later - maybe. Also on newer cards a 8.5 or 9 doesnt boost it much and a 9.5 is harder to get especially when buying off ebay.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC