`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Calvin Johnson rookie, Good Buy?

Calvin Johnson rookie, Good Buy?
So for christmas my parents got me a 1 year subscription to the PSA Collectors Club. Im pretty excited about it lol. With it comes 6 free card gradings. Of course i plan on using a few of those for cards that are in my PC, but i was talking with my dad last night and for our business we wanted to buy a few rookies for as cheap as we could and get them graded and resell them. Well i went on the bay last night and found this beauty, i feel like i got an excellent deal but what do you guys think? Card looks to be in really good condition. 2007 Bowman Chrome Calvin Johnson rookie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261146576426?ssP...1439.l2649
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

RE: Calvin Johnson rookie, Good Buy?
I think having a rookie card in general of a superstar player like Johnson is a good buy at the right price, but in terms of grading and getting a better return I think you'd have better luck with something higher end and more desirable.

I got the johnson because its going to cost me nothing to grade it. I am going to use one of my free grading submissions. If I was going to be paying for it to be graded I would have bought a much much better card to be graded
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

I think he also means that getting a better card gets you a higher return. Even at a PSA 10 of that card I would bet it sells around 20 or so, which gets you 10-15 after fees and shipping so only a small profit. If you buy something high end you can get more return with a higher grade.

I would have liked the card scanned to see what you are getting. It's a base card, even if it grades well, you aren't looking at a windfall. But, I like the style of that set.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Along with the above reasons, the back top of the card looks bad. I dont see it being more than a 9 which sell in the $6-8 range, not a money maker.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.