`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
trying the appraisal tool

trying the appraisal tool
i dont know if anyone has tried it yet, but i decided to give the appraisal tool a try. her is what i sent.

montana 7/10
[Image: IMAG0293_zpscb65fdd5.jpg]

moreno 4/10
[Image: IMAG0295_zps24836ecc.jpg]

rice 1/10
[Image: IMAG0289_zps236676b9.jpg]

beckham 10/10
[Image: IMAG0287_zps4a818ff1.jpg]

kiel 1/1
[Image: IMAG0291_zps6c543a75.jpg]

RE: trying the appraisal tool
That moreno is NICE
My org is in process of being updated.
PC Guys: Tebow/Tulowitzki
Teams: Rockies/Broncos/Nuggets
If you have something feel free to send open offer or pm me and ill check through my cards.

[Image: image_zps4e5d0b51.jpg]

The problem I have we pay for the pricing service and they don't price the rare cards and now they know the price and want to charge extra for the service....

that does make sense. but i guess they have to "crunch" some numbers to guesstimate the price for some cards. or maybe it is too time consuming to do all of the low # cards unless they are paid. i just want to do it to get an idea for a good value and insurance reasons.

They're not criminals at all. The reason they don't price them is because they are so rare, that there is not enough data from sales of THAT PARTICULAR CARD to determine a reliable value. The reason you pay for the appraisal is because they have to treat it like a house and look at comparables and the sales of those comparable cards.

This is a service that they have to charge for because it isn't just simple data mining like the rest of the cards where a value can be determined based on sales of that exact card. For this appraisal, someone has to actually do the legwork and chase down specific sales data themselves. (It's a lot like grading, actually.) The human labor component means that is an additional service that costs a lot more to do, and is not feasible to do for every card without an additional fee.

Having said all that, it is a completely and totally WORTHLESS service, in my opinion. That "appraisal" will be worth squat in 30 days. There is a reason the OPG is updated constantly and even the magazine is updated monthly. That appraisal is good for the time you first get it, after that- it's garbage.

Dorial Green-Beckham is an excellent example. Let's see how good that appraisal is if he gets caught with weed on him again, like he did in October. Things like that can greatly influence value, which means these "appraisals" are good for a RIDICULOUSLY short time. (IMO)

I did a 1/1 and it came back quite a bit less than I thought it would.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"