`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Need help determing card???

Need help determing card???
I have a 1994 A-Rod silver sig Collectors Choice card. A short while back while going through some cards it was brought to my attention about the White Letter Var. I wasn't sure what I had so I asked a few on line people that I had dealt with in the past. From reading some descriptions I have it from others I do not. I don't know what to do here. The card I have actually two cards but I did not notice the difference until it was brought to my attention because I had them in diff. locales. The one is a silver sig but all the lettering on the front is GREY/SILVER. The other all the lettering on the front is WHITE. Is that the white letter var. or is the only diff. as I understand it to be from other descriptions, the letter A on the back of the card. If someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated. I have seen both on other sites for sale with the GREY front letter one being fairly common and have rarely seen one with the WHITE front letters. Mine with White front letters also has the white A on the back. Is there more than one var. or am I going nuts. I will leave my e-mail address if anyone can answer and send me an answer directly as I am not able to come to Beckett.com very often and when I do I usually wind up staying up half of the night looking at stuff, but I am able and have to check my e-mail regularly because of stuff but it only takes a couple minutes to do that. Thanls for any help or direction someone can point me.-- padgett92@yahoo.com Again thanks.

RE: Need help determing card???
Is it like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Collectors-...2a24557504
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Not sure if this will help, but I looked this up in the big SCD yearly price guide. It says that some A-Rod silver sigs were printed mistakenly on base cards with his name and other details on the front, and the back was printed in white instead of gray.

Almost..Everything looks the same as on the front of the card referenced to except all the stuff in grey on the front there ( All Lettering and backgrounds that are in grey on that card are all white) I have sen ones on e-bay (rare) that look exactly like my card and they say they are the white var but almost evry thing I read on them just talks about the letter A on the back. I'm so confused. I don't want to get ripped off if I go to sell it but neither do I want to rip someone off by giving them the wrong info!!--Thanks