`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Redemption question

Redemption question
I have a 2012 bowman platinum gerrit cole jumbo auto relic refractor. Topps sends me the late notification email. Is he worth waiting on or just get a replacement? Thanks for any thoughts you guys have.

RE: Redemption question
At least you can get a response from Topps. I have been waitnig on a redemption card for over two months and can't even get them to respond

I would wait on it. He was the #1 pick in the draft and is playing for the Pirates who will eventually pull him up.

I'll probably wait but how can he have Bowman Sterling autos but hasn't finished his Platinum cards yet?

I requested a replacement for my blue refractor version of the same card, I'll let you know what it turns out to be.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I would wait, definitely.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I've been waiting longer for some cards. Topps is slow and I'm sure that when it comes to signatures, it could very well be the players fault, or at least a contributory factor.
A little story:
I contacted Topps a while ago (July?) in regard to their upcoming 2013 Heritage /pseudo-'64 topps cards. The retired fire chief of my town is Dan Pfister, who pitched for KC A's from 62-64. He has 3 topps cards. A rookie card released in the 62 set w/Jim Bouton and a few other floating heads Smile a 63 and 64 card. I figured this is his last chance at making it into a Heritage signature insert, so I sent them his contact info but I was disheartened when the release date was set and solicited, figured they either didn't want him or it was just too late. A few days ago they sent him a contract for doing an insert signature set of 275 autos.(he was surprised and happy)

I'll keep you informed as to their procedure. According to Topps, a representative has to witness the autographing of the cards, so we'll see how they coordinate that! 275 might be too much for Dan to complete in one day without major hand cramping. i'd assume that if he can't complete it in time, they pack a redemption card to be exchanged after the player fulfills his obligation. My point is, they DO get a lot done with a small staff of people, and it isn't totally all on them. it might take them a while, but they usually come through .... At least so far. Smile
Mitch
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.