`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Brett Favre Captain Patch

Brett Favre Captain Patch
Just got this Brett Favre Captain Patch. I spent a long time Looking at it online trying to determine not only if it was a captain patch but also if it was authentic. Its very hard to get a good look at the real Patches and all the ones for sale online are made by 3rd party companies and are not nfl official in stitching or color. The 2012 topps CP cards have also prompted a lot of fakes. The seller said that the card is from the factory and was uncirculated. Ive already discussed captain patches on here with a couple members and im very happy to announce that this card is indeed a captain patch and is authentic. Luckily the card is a 2008 Donruss Leaf Limited which is part of Panini which means you can used the LED flashlight trick to determine the authenticity of the patch which I did immediately upon receiving it(thanks for the tip on that by the way whoever posted it).Enjoy the scans and Merry Christmas.

Photobucket

Photobucket

FavreCaptainPatch_zpsc36f001b
Photobucket

RE: Brett Favre Captain Patch
packers 55-7 over the titans!! forgot to get that in there some where.
Photobucket

VERY awesome card!!! Congratulations on the monster pickup. Sure hope we see more Captain's patches one of these days.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

Yea me too. I think what we were talking about before has to be the true for the captains patches. They've got to be saving them all for some type of high end product. Hopefully what ever product that is comes out some time soon because I'd really like to get my hands on a few more of these things without having to wait years and years for them to release it. Thanks again for posting that pick of your patch earlier too.
Photobucket

Bump. Captain's patches are cooooooool and it's not like we see them everyday...
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

Could you please explain the led flashlight trick? Thanks

On all Panini or Panini affiliated brands theres a feature in the patch that allows you to authenticate it. If you shine a bright flash light or LED light at the patch with the card flipped over you will see theres writing on the back of it that shows through the card that indicates the player and color of the patch. I usually set the card face down onto the flashlight and you can usually read it pretty well. Theres a vid on youtube on it thats really helpful and there was also another post on here about it titled "it only took me five years to learn this" or something like that and it has the link in it. I can't remember what year they started doing this but i think it was 2005-2007 or around there so if you have a card newer than that it should work. Its really a helpful tip and I can't thank who posted it enough because I love patch cards and this really helps out
Photobucket

Sweet patch card!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1