`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
PSA to BGS

PSA to BGS
A few I cracked open and sent to BGS with my last group submission. Nothing special but I like em a lot. Thought you might like to see the before and after's.

Was PSA 10
[Image: IMG-20120319-01509.jpg]

Now BGS 9.5
[Image: teamcard.jpg]

Was PSA 8
[Image: IMG-20120319-01467.jpg]

Now BGS 7.5
[Image: czonka.jpg]

Was PSA 9
[Image: IMG-20120319-01486.jpg]

Now BGS 8.5
[Image: simmsbgs.jpg]

And this was a PSA 8 and is now a BGS 8.5
[Image: hampton.jpg]
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

RE: PSA to BGS
That makes complete sense. I have always thought Beckett graders were tougher. As a teacher, I completely appreciate that. I would rather give a student a "B" because she earned it than an "A" for her self-esteem. If people know a teacher/card grader is more accurate and less forgiving, it makes that grade all the more meaningful. If it is all I can find for a specific card, I will buy the PSA. However, if a Beckett version is within 0.5-1.0, and it is lower, I will go for the Beckett every time. I am not at all trying to sound like a commercial because of whose board this is. This is my honest opinion.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Pretty consistent with being 0.5 apart.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

I like that you converted them. BGS slabs just look better, to me at least...
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

That's cool I always wondered how accurate the grading was. I have a stack of Cutlers I would like swapped so that's make me feel better on cracking them.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

It's actually basically the same, which is what I would expect for the most part from PSA to BGS or vice versa. (Keep in mind a PSA 10 and a BGS 9.5 are the same thing.)

So you have one that gained a half point, 2 that were reduced a half point, and the BGS 9.5 which stayed the same.

I would love to see this done with GAI or GMA or one of those, hahahaha This is why I stick to PSA, BGS, or SGC graded cards if I buy a graded card, although I prefer not to. If it is graded by anyone other than those 3, I will just keep looking for a raw version.

Yup. Pretty much as I expected. I was hoping for a 10 on the PSA 10 but no such luck. Thanks for looking, now I'm glad I posted them. Merry Christmas!
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Good to see they were both pretty close in range. I like BGS for new stuff and PSA for vintage. Like the Csonka and Simms I woulda kept in the PSA holder, still sweet either way!

Hmm makes me actually consider crossing over my 10's. Never really wanted to cuz I would hate getting a BGS 9 back lol Glad you did well!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC