`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not letting me add cards to my organize?
01-05-2013, 06:11 AM
RE: Not letting me add cards to my organize?
(01-05-2013 02:33 AM)BrettsCards Wrote:  Is anyone having problems while adding cards the icon where you click to add to organize does not go away stating it is in your organize? does anyone have this problem? Not sure why this is happening to me if this is not happening to anyone else.. But the card does add to my organize but if I scroll down to a set it will show that it is not in my organize until I add it which will really confuse me if I add bunch of sets.

If you do not understand please reply and I will explain a little more.

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1522868.html

While we work on updates for Organize, Trade, and the performance issue, we are trying to promote some tweaks to help in the meantime. We made a change which we hope will help speed up page loads a bit. The feature which greyed out the Add To Organize icon in search results when the item is already in a customer's organize was creating duplicate search in the database, which could be contributing to the slowness people are experiencing.

We took away the feature which greys out the Add To Organize icon. So now, when a member gets search results back on beckett.com, all of the Add To Organize icons will be clickable. If a member adds an item to Organize that is already there, they will receive a message that the item was successfully but it will not create a duplicate of the item in Organize. It is the same scenario when a customer adds multiple items to Organize and some of the items selected are already in Organize. It adds the ones not in Organize, and simply doesn't do anything regarding the ones that are already in Organize.

I hope that makes sense, and we're hoping customers can experience a little bit of improvement on the site

and yes, if you are wondering: there are a lot of folks severely pissed off about this, including mods

onedollardutch.blogspot.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the update jacoby! I thought I was losing my mind.........kinda sucks, as I used the grey-out icon for a bunch of different reasons, but I guess we will have to deal.
01-05-2013, 02:41 PM
That bites!!!! I used that grey-out icon to find out if i had the card already or not.... Is this change for good or are they trying it out?
01-05-2013, 03:45 PM
(01-05-2013 02:41 PM)pucknballs Wrote:  That bites!!!! I used that grey-out icon to find out if i had the card already or not.... Is this change for good or are they trying it out?

if it is permanent, ill close my ebay shop and get a 9 to 5, then lead a revolt against beckett. and egg the dev team's house.

onedollardutch.blogspot.com
01-06-2013, 11:45 AM
(01-05-2013 06:11 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1522868.html

While we work on updates for Organize, Trade, and the performance issue, we are trying to promote some tweaks to help in the meantime. We made a change which we hope will help speed up page loads a bit. The feature which greyed out the Add To Organize icon in search results when the item is already in a customer's organize was creating duplicate search in the database, which could be contributing to the slowness people are experiencing.

We took away the feature which greys out the Add To Organize icon. So now, when a member gets search results back on beckett.com, all of the Add To Organize icons will be clickable. If a member adds an item to Organize that is already there, they will receive a message that the item was successfully but it will not create a duplicate of the item in Organize. It is the same scenario when a customer adds multiple items to Organize and some of the items selected are already in Organize. It adds the ones not in Organize, and simply doesn't do anything regarding the ones that are already in Organize.

I hope that makes sense, and we're hoping customers can experience a little bit of improvement on the site

and yes, if you are wondering: there are a lot of folks severely pissed off about this, including mods

Wow. The time I now spend re-going through the stack I just added to figure out what cards didnt just get added is far greater then the time I spent waiting on the pages to load.

I Collect: Helton, Clemens, Dunn, Piazza, Ryan, Brook Jacoby, Braun, Harper, Strasburg, and Verlander

AND I'M WILLING TO TRADE BASE 4 BASE. REALLY!!!
COMC: JasonsCards
01-08-2013, 07:22 AM
It looks like the grey-out is back on my end. Hopefully it stays
01-09-2013, 06:44 AM
It appears that the Grey-out function is back in full swing! Great reply, jacoby!

Randi

Photobucket
[Image: HALAK_zps26c7055e.jpg]