`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would you grade ? 1989 Topps #647 Randy Johnson RC

would you grade ? 1989 Topps #647 Randy Johnson RC
Iam new at this but beckett seems the way to go I have thousands of cards, and just the other day pulled a 89 randy Johnson from a topps box that had never been opened the card looks great! I would just like some advise to grade or not to grade? I pulled a dan marino rookie out the other day two.

RE: would you grade ? 1989 Topps #647 Randy Johnson RC
dont grade the johnson rc. not worth it

I would definitely pass on grading the Randy Johnson RC. Just not worth it. Would grade the Marino if it looks gradable.

Get RJ to signed the card, then pass it onto JSA for slabbing. Then you might come out even.
Most def grade the Marino, but be learn to not expect a high grade, theres so many of them out there.
Post some pics, via Photobucket or something. So maybe we can guess what it may grade out to be?
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

(12-22-2012, 08:14 PM)tadman6 Wrote: Iam new at this but beckett seems the way to go I have thousands of cards, and just the other day pulled a 89 randy Johnson from a topps box that had never been opened the card looks great! I would just like some advise to grade or not to grade? I pulled a dan marino rookie out the other day two.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

some pictures I hope.

some pictures of marino card

I would also skip the Marino. Corner wear & centering. No point in grading a modern card unless its a 9 or better. Really 9.5 or better as there are SOOOOOO many out there.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

The centering kills the card...looks like a 30/70 job....i wouldnot epect anything higher than a 4 or 5 at best.
The centering kills the card...looks like a 30/70 job....i wouldnot epect anything higher than a 4 or 5 at best. But im not a expert.
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner