`
Connect With Us!
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
My $250 toilet flush...
12-26-2012, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2012 12:15 PM by dow714.)
RE: My $250 toilet flush...
I broke 7 boxes of strata and managed to get the case hit but all in all i got garbage. Here is the break down. Ill post a topic with pics later.

Colby Fleener Gold Clear Cut 1 Color Jersey Auto /99
Colby Fleener Bronze Clear Cut Auto Redemption
Michael Egnew Base Clear Cut 1 Color Jersey Auto
Bernard Pierce Blue Clear Cut Auto Redmeption
T.Y. Hilton Base Clear Cut All White Jersey Auto
Nick Toon Green Clear Cut 3 Color Jersey Auto /55
DeVier Posey Shadow Box Jersey Auto 15/15 <- Nice number....this is the case hit and technically it is 3 color however the patch part is small and is behind the picture of the player on both sides so it mostly looks like just 1 color.

I got 2 base card variations only numbered to /99 Donta Hightower and some bum i cant remember his name

I did get 3 Jersey patches /65

Alshon Jeffery Barely 2 Color Patch 65/65 <-again nice number
Bernard Pierce 3 Color Patch /65
Michael Flloyd Patch with CA from the cardinals part of his jersey<-Probably my 2nd best hit

Did get a printing plate
My best hit Brandon Weeden Yellow 1/1
However it would only bring me $30 on ebay if i was lucky so ill just keep it

My diecut cards all sucked and got 1 double best player was weeden again
My base autos were all of undrafted nobodies except for

Luke Kuechly Auto /150

Lastly i got a base jersey of TJ Graham Brandon Weeden and someone undrafted from the raiders

I spent over around $450 and would be doing great if i were able to even get $200 selling these

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2012, 12:13 PM
absolute is usually one of my favorite product lines, but for some reason, atleast to me, they just look ugly as all hell this year.

[Image: VNTYXbe-Copy_zps4a0bcd1a.png]
12-27-2012, 12:24 AM
(12-26-2012 01:55 AM)melcmd Wrote:  Sorry about the breaks, Wendy. The only consolation is the Strata is relatively inexpensive. I bought a case from Blowout cards in a pre-sell. While waiting, I bought 2 boxes from an LCS in Phoenix ($85-90 each) and 1 box in Minneapolis ($70). I got 3 Greg Childs autos. This guy had a career threatening injury in the preseason (think Kenny Irons from a few years ago).

I feel like they are just dumping his autos.

If it was over $100, I'd agree completely with you. That's why I don't do Absolute any more.

I paid $90 for the box here in Denver, I'd be happier with the $70 price tag. LOL Wink

Hope your case nets you something big. I want to see you land a nice Luck /5 or something. That will make me feel better about my tragic disaster.

I miss seeing you around more...

I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos
12-27-2012, 11:11 AM
(12-27-2012 12:24 AM)ricky williams 34 Wrote:  I paid $90 for the box here in Denver, I'd be happier with the $70 price tag. LOL Wink

Hope your case nets you something big. I want to see you land a nice Luck /5 or something. That will make me feel better about my tragic disaster.

I miss seeing you around more...
been recouping from a back injury the past two months (yet still working...). Going to take a week or two of medical league to heal. Should have an opportunity to share some of my purchases and breaks soon.

In all fairness, though, I haven't bought a lot this season. Strata was my 1st case. I waited on Panini Black to see what the chipping was like. I'm glad I did.

Strata does have some multi-color patch non-auto cards that might be an affordable set for a lot colors. One could probably do the entire series for the price of a box.

I think I lucked out with my case though. The card shop I purchase from in Glendale sold the Strata Luck 1/1 glove/auto. I bought 2 boxes from the same case and didn't do so well (@$85-90/box). If I had bought that case...who knows.

melcmd

http://photobucket.com/melcmd95boys
12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
(12-22-2012 08:24 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote:  It's one of those experiences that makes me question this hobby.

The guy at the shop said, "You know, I think Givens will be good. Bradford is getting hot." I wanted to tell him to @%$%&&#$@#!!, but instead said "Yeah, thanks."

Yeah, at that point what can you really say.

Currently collecting anything and everything Mike Trout.
12-28-2012, 11:33 PM
(12-27-2012 11:11 AM)melcmd Wrote:  I think I lucked out with my case though.

Sorry to hear you're not well, but I know your case made you feel better!! Congrats my friend!! Big Grin

(12-28-2012 11:31 AM)cweiland Wrote:  Yeah, at that point what can you really say.

...on both sides of the counter!

I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos
12-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Had my 1st acupuncture treatment today. I feel much better now.

There seems to be a lot of love in Strata for Greg Childs, DeVier Posey and Nick Toon.....Ugh!

melcmd

http://photobucket.com/melcmd95boys
12-30-2012, 11:14 AM
wowo sorry nice luck atleast

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
12-30-2012, 08:13 PM
I'd be interested in the TY Hilton Redemption and the Givens Clear Cut. Check my org.

Things I collect:

- Dallas Cowboys Autos, Game-Used & Patches
- Arizona Cardinals Autos, Game-Used & Patches
- Quite a few stars and anything that catches my eye

Check my org for my cards for trade.

Here is a link if you want to see pictures:
http://s216.beta.photobucket.com/user/so...k/library/