`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
I know lots of people ask for 1/1 pricing.....
12-21-2012, 05:43 PM
I know lots of people ask for 1/1 pricing.....
....but Beckett "certified appraisals"? Am I insane? There's a reason the price guide is MONTHLY and the OPG is updated constantly. I hope these appraisals have dates on them. That way, when someone on Ebay or COMC or wherever expects me to pay anywhere close to the "appraised value", I can tell them why they wasted their money for getting an appraisal in the first place.

Analogy: I appraise Google's stock at $715.63 as of right now, and I will give it to you in writing. (Bad idea, but anyway...) How much weight do you figure that "appraisal" will carry in 3 months? Exactly.

[Image: foster_2_3.jpg]
(Thanks to phinzphan1372 for sig!)

Always looking for Arian Foster, Josh Hamilton, and Walter Payton
Click HERE to see my bucket!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
RE: I know lots of people ask for 1/1 pricing.....
what a joke.who would pay for that anyway?.....Hmmmm..
can i get a value for my cats,golf cart and woodstove too since he/she will be "appraising" stuff anyway?
Wink

2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95
12-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Especially at $15 a pop. It's a joke. Makes it sound like there is all kind of hidden card data that would make it more accurate than we could do on our own. I do my own appraisals, its called ebay completed listings....

[Image: 58shJK5.png]
Banner courtesy of jbel4331

http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x451/cinquemano/
12-21-2012, 08:12 PM
I think as far as the hobby goes it is not worth much but I can see value in it as far as insuring your collection.

[Image: rickeybanner.png]

Collecting: Rickey Henderson, Lyle Overbay, Bob Coluccio and Jerome Iginla
12-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Maybe they were thinking about sports memorabilia. And not cards per se. I didnt read the article so i can only assume.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
12-22-2012, 11:04 AM
(12-21-2012 05:43 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote:  ....but Beckett "certified appraisals"? Am I insane? There's a reason the price guide is MONTHLY and the OPG is updated constantly. I hope these appraisals have dates on them. That way, when someone on Ebay or COMC or wherever expects me to pay anywhere close to the "appraised value", I can tell them why they wasted their money for getting an appraisal in the first place.

Analogy: I appraise Google's stock at $715.63 as of right now, and I will give it to you in writing. (Bad idea, but anyway...) How much weight do you figure that "appraisal" will carry in 3 months? Exactly.

I just looked at it and they gave a Bonus b/c the Vick card was serial #'ed to his jersey #.

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!
12-22-2012, 11:50 AM
(12-21-2012 08:12 PM)stevep0422 Wrote:  I think as far as the hobby goes it is not worth much but I can see value in it as far as insuring your collection.

bingo

but as a professional appraiser, i can do exactly what they would do to suss out the price - as can any of you. the process isnt hard. but they have "authority", so a cert from is worth more than from me

but ill only charge 10 dollars, and provide documentation in HOW i came to the price

(my usual rate is 65/hour)

(08-06-2014 11:33 AM)jaykayzee Wrote:  Don't confuse "not valuable" with "not collectible".