`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Box Topper and Magnetic One Touch Question

Box Topper and Magnetic One Touch Question
Ok I have two completely unrelated questions and I hope somebody can help me. FIRST, I am in talks with a guy over a 2009-10 Court Kings Bill Walton Box Topper Auto #ed to 49. The guy is asking $50 which is a good bit more than book value. He says these cards are "sought after" and sell for much higher than Book Value. I am clueless about these cards, is there any legitimacy to that???

Next question, I have a couple cards I'm trying to put in the One Touch cases, and the cases that fit the thickness of the cards is to short to hold them lengthwise. I go up from a 35 pt to a 75 pt the cards fit but are way to loose inside the case. Any suggestions? Or are there other brands that may work better?

Thanks in advance for any help and make sure to check my Update thread coming soon LOTS of updates this month!
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

RE: Box Topper and Magnetic One Touch Question
I don't collect the Court Kings box toppers, but if it's something that you really want then the price shouldn't matter unless you can't afford it Smile

In regards to your second question, what I would normally do is place some tissue (folded) or a piece of styrofoam popcorn inside the larger case to prevent movement.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(12-21-2012, 03:03 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: I don't collect the Court Kings box toppers, but if it's something that you really want then the price shouldn't matter unless you can't afford it Smile

In regards to your second question, what I would normally do is place some tissue (folded) or a piece of styrofoam popcorn inside the larger case to prevent movement.
Thanks for the advice, I don't even know what product Panini Court Kings is? I've never heard of it, I have a problem with impulse buying, when I see a card I want for PC I just buy it, but I've been spending way to much and so I have been trying to be a bit more conservative with my spending. I could pay the $50 for it..... but I've never actually seen any type box topper card in person, is it bigger than a normal card and do they make cases for them? I was out of the hobby from early 2000's until February of this year, so a lot of products are completely unfamiliar to me particularly Panini products. I know that MOST Bill Waltons I can get for half of book value or less so when this guy was asking $119 BIN/BO and then counteroffered my $21 with a $50.... I just wanted to see if there is any special demand for these cards that would make it worth paying extra for?

Have you seen a scan of the card? Can you counter offer again? It seems a little high for a Walton auto. But if you want it pull the trigger.
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

Are you trading or buying? If trading trade even. As for buying if it is so sought after why hasn't he already sold it for more money. I've never paid over book for any card I've gone after.

(12-21-2012, 03:20 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Thanks for the advice, I don't even know what product Panini Court Kings is? I've never heard of it, I have a problem with impulse buying, when I see a card I want for PC I just buy it, but I've been spending way to much and so I have been trying to be a bit more conservative with my spending. I could pay the $50 for it..... but I've never actually seen any type box topper card in person, is it bigger than a normal card and do they make cases for them? I was out of the hobby from early 2000's until February of this year, so a lot of products are completely unfamiliar to me particularly Panini products. I know that MOST Bill Waltons I can get for half of book value or less so when this guy was asking $119 BIN/BO and then counteroffered my $21 with a $50.... I just wanted to see if there is any special demand for these cards that would make it worth paying extra for?
The Court Kings were Panini's best product IMO. The box topper is a 5x7 card. They made some autographed and some not. Topps used to do this a lot with there products. The odds should be either 1 per box or 1 per case. They do make top loaders for 5x7 cards, so you should be alright with that. If you do decide to get it, find out how the seller is going to ship it to you. Those larger cards can easily get damaged in shipping. He should send it in at least a top loader sandwiched between cardboard.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(12-21-2012, 03:26 PM)hof collector 15 Wrote: Have you seen a scan of the card? Can you counter offer again? It seems a little high for a Walton auto. But if you want it pull the trigger.
Yah this is a scan of the card

[Image: KGrHqFpEFDIru5fPBQ0q6qiqg60_12_zpsb0eb04f7.jpg]

I have only made one offer and added a note asking why he was wanted so much more than B.V. so I still have two offers. It seems to be a pretty unique card that would look good in my collection... I've only been collecting Bill Walton a few months and he has a ton of autos so I'm just trying to decide if this is a card that would normally sell for over B.V. if not I might want to spend the money on a different Walton auto, the Chronology Legends Auto is on Ebay for $49. I might go after that one.
(12-21-2012, 03:34 PM)dennisdrcards Wrote: Are you trading or buying? If trading trade even. As for buying if it is so sought after why hasn't he already sold it for more money. I've never paid over book for any card I've gone after.
The card was just listed today on Ebay, I have paid over B.V. on a couple of cards but not many and I don't like to.
(12-21-2012, 03:46 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: The Court Kings were Panini's best product IMO. The box topper is a 5x7 card. They made some autographed and some not. Topps used to do this a lot with there products. The odds should be either 1 per box or 1 per case. They do make top loaders for 5x7 cards, so you should be alright with that. If you do decide to get it, find out how the seller is going to ship it to you. Those larger cards can easily get damaged in shipping. He should send it in at least a top loader sandwiched between cardboard.
Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely find out about that if I do get it.

He's asking way to much for it. Sounds like - if he's including shipping in that price, that he's really hiking up the shipping as well. I'd be asking him exactly why he wants so much. simply saying "they're in demand" is not satisfactory.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

I don't know what the card books for. Saying that something is "in demand"....is just a guy trying to make an excuse when he has no good answer to your question. I understand it is a PC card....but so would perhaps the two other Walton autos you could get for the $50 that this guy wants. Bear in mind that I say this knowing absolutely nothing about the Walton auto market. Personally? When it comes to dollars I am a shrewd negotiator. I would either counter at $22 or counter at $15. Doing this sends 2 messages. It says that you aren't comfortable coming too far off of your originaly offer. If this guy is unreasonable you will know by HIS counter. Countering at $15 would then make $21 look pretty good. I suppoer it depends on how badly you wants this box topper.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(12-21-2012, 11:36 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I don't know what the card books for. Saying that something is "in demand"....is just a guy trying to make an excuse when he has no good answer to your question. I understand it is a PC card....but so would perhaps the two other Walton autos you could get for the $50 that this guy wants. Bear in mind that I say this knowing absolutely nothing about the Walton auto market. Personally? When it comes to dollars I am a shrewd negotiator. I would either counter at $22 or counter at $15. Doing this sends 2 messages. It says that you aren't comfortable coming too far off of your originaly offer. If this guy is unreasonable you will know by HIS counter. Countering at $15 would then make $21 look pretty good. I suppoer it depends on how badly you wants this box topper.
And I would ignore a bidder like you. A negotiation is offer, offer and meet at a fair median. Your method is to just be a jerk.

On the subject, the last Walton sold for 32 plus shipping, so I'd counter in the 30-35 range and that should be fair to both parties.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.