`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
Should I just accept this fact?
12-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Should I just accept this fact?
I've been trying to put the 2012 Bowman Chrome set together before my collecting goals start for 2013. Its seems that a lot of the cards are scratched on front. Should I just accept the fact that it is what it is and thats the norm for chrome? I was trying to put a real nice set together but I don't want to keep buying boxes and blasters just to find cards that aren't scratched. Any comments welcome.

Collecting past, present, and future catchers rookie and prospect cards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
RE: Should I just accept this fact?
I may have some, let me know which ones and I'll take a look at the condition. Everything is in my org
12-19-2012, 08:12 PM
It's going to be somewhat tough to find non-scratched ones. If it bugs you a lot then I think you have to find non-scratched ones.

[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!
12-19-2012, 08:23 PM
(12-19-2012 08:12 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote:  It's going to be somewhat tough to find non-scratched ones. If it bugs you a lot then I think you have to find non-scratched ones.

Its really not a bother. Haven't done anything with chrome in awhile and was just wondering if this is the norm or if I've had a run of bad boxes. I guess this is part of the reason they changed everything to nm-mt in the OPG.

Collecting past, present, and future catchers rookie and prospect cards.
12-19-2012, 08:32 PM
I put together the 1999 Bowman Chrome set back then and I swear to god every stinking card was scratched or had major pock marks. I sent in over half the set little by little asking for replacements. They were very compliant at first and the turn-around was quite quick. Then after awhile they got nasty and told me they would not be replacing any more of my cards because it was just impossible to please everyone.

Currently collecting A-Rod, Jeter, Cano, Mauer and Trout. I tend to be a fast shipper, work across the street from our post office.

[Image: troutjeter_zpsa5169a2d.jpg]

Thanks Ja1091 for the sig.
12-20-2012, 07:39 PM
i have a good bit of the set, unscratched. LMK what you need and i'll try to help out

Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!