`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opening a factory sealed set to have card graded

RE: opening a factory sealed set to have card graded
(04-18-2013, 08:07 AM)cowboy1501 Wrote: Why not just get your entire set graded? Now that the registry is working it's just a matter of time until Beckett starts having contests & you would be able to enter your complete graded set to compete against other graded sets & possibly win prizes. I plan on getting my entire set of 2012 Topps Football cards graded & eventually entering it in the contests & besides once you have your complete set graded if ALL the cards get high grades your set would be worth more money than the ungraded version.
You're looking at least $3,500 to get an entire set of 2012 Topps Football graded by BGS (440 cards). If you're gonna do that from a value standpoint, it wouldn't be worth it.

I dont even think a contest prize from the BGS registry would make up for the amount of debt you would accumulate while paying for grading fees for such a mammoth set.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

(04-18-2013, 01:41 PM)jchavestx Wrote: You're looking at least $3,500 to get an entire set of 2012 Topps Football graded by BGS (440 cards). If you're gonna do that from a value standpoint, it wouldn't be worth it.

I dont even think a contest prize from the BGS registry would make up for the amount of debt you would accumulate while paying for grading fees for such a mammoth set.
I would do the 45 day service & wait until I have all of the short print cards unless I get the inch to have some graded. If you count all the short print cards for the 2012 Topps Football set there are 501 total cards but without the sp's there's 440 base cards with five factory sp's that comes in the set that you can buy on ebay or your local Wal - Mart for about $50.00.

Maybe it's just me but it really doesn't make sense to pay alot of extra money to have any given card(s) graded in a couple of days when you can be patient & the card(s) will get the same grade that it would if you got it graded in a shorter amount of time. I am not telling anyone what they should do this is JMO.

If you do this all at once I would definitely contact them for a deal. Even the 45 day is gonna cost you 3 grand. Now on that note I dont think cost is a factor in this for it would just be amazing to have an entire Topps 501 card set graded. This is not something you grade for resale, this is something you grade to actually own it. Imagine if you had done this with an entire 89 Score Football set, or an entire 1980 Football set or 84 or 86 back when they were new. I know Beckett wasnt grading them but this is something you do for long term. If Luck, Wilson and RG3 pan out imagine what this set will be worth in 50 years and most likely will be the only entire set graded.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC