`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Panini Redemption question - something isnt right here..

RE: Panini Redemption question - something isnt right here..
(12-19-2012, 03:56 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: So the only update i have is that i have been trying to call them for the past 4 hours but david has been in a "meeting" this whole time. A 4...hour...meeting.

Must be a pretty important meeting, im sure he couldnt just be avoiding me.
The meeting is so long because they're trying to sort out all their redemptions ...

"OK, I will send this guy his Calvin Johnson auto/5 ..."

"No, you can't do that, because I sent it out to replace an Adrian Peterson ..."

"What? I thought those Petersons were supposed to replace all the Bradys ..."

"No, moron, the Bradys came back in time to swap them out for Aaron Rodgers."

"Well, can I just send out the Rodgers to replace all the Petersons?"

"No, because of the contracts, silly."

"OK, fine, then I'll just send out a different Peterson to this guy who has been waiting 8 months for it."

"Absolutely not — remember the contracts!"

Seriously, that's how I imagine it.

They should offer a wax option ... like, if they owe you a $150 card, they should give you the option of a $150 box ...

Then again, you'd just pull more ... redemptions.

I've heard people have good luck with Tracy on Facebook.

I know that blasting them on Twitter works pretty well, because that's more public and anyone can see it. I did that after waiting for a year on a redemption. I waited a year and then tried to get a hold of them forever and never got anywhere. I took to twitter and it was fixed pretty fast.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(12-19-2012, 04:18 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The meeting is so long because they're trying to sort out all their redemptions ...

"OK, I will send this guy his Calvin Johnson auto/5 ..."

"No, you can't do that, because I sent it out to replace an Adrian Peterson ..."

"What? I thought those Petersons were supposed to replace all the Bradys ..."

"No, moron, the Bradys came back in time to swap them out for Aaron Rodgers."

"Well, can I just send out the Rodgers to replace all the Petersons?"

"No, because of the contracts, silly."

"OK, fine, then I'll just send out a different Peterson to this guy who has been waiting 8 months for it."

"Absolutely not — remember the contracts!"

Seriously, that's how I imagine it.

They should offer a wax option ... like, if they owe you a $150 card, they should give you the option of a $150 box ...

Then again, you'd just pull more ... redemptions.

I've heard people have good luck with Tracy on Facebook.
LOL thats about right. But you forgot the part where they get mad at the customer for not wanting a poor replacement.

(12-19-2012, 04:25 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: I know that blasting them on Twitter works pretty well, because that's more public and anyone can see it. I did that after waiting for a year on a redemption. I waited a year and then tried to get a hold of them forever and never got anywhere. I took to twitter and it was fixed pretty fast.
but how do i explain the mess of a situation in 140 or less? lol
[Image: simmons_iliustration_g_mp_640.jpg&w=640&h=360]

(12-19-2012, 04:44 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: LOL thats about right. But you forgot the part where they get mad at the customer for not wanting a poor replacement.

I don't know....multiple tweets? lol
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

Lol have a feeling that wont have quiet the same impact
Was told i would get a call back today...

No call.
Wow looks like his meeting is finally over... waiting on hold to speak to him now.

(12-19-2012, 04:44 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: LOL thats about right. But you forgot the part where they get mad at the customer for not wanting a poor replacement.

Oh yeah, sorry, that's Chapter 2 ...

"So Mr. Jones has contacted us a number of times and is trying to get his Peterson redemption. Apparently he really wants the card because his daughter pulled it. It has sentimental value to him."

"So, what do I care?"

"Well, um, ... uh, anyway, we offered him a Calvin Johnson auto/5, but he is adamant that he receive the Peterson he redeemed or at least an equivalent Peterson."

"What did you tell him?"

"Well, since we sent out all the Petersons as replacements for people that didn't actually redeem them, I had to make up some stuff about contracts and not being able to give him one of our Petersons from the Peterson Auto Warehouse."

"Did he buy it?"

"No, I don't think so. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but definitely smart enough to know we're lying through our teeth to cover our a--es."

"Well, next time you talk to him, first tell him to take that scratched off redemption card he still has and shove it up his a--, then to take a VERY long walk off a VERY short peer. Then, tell him I'm in a meeting. BUT, before he can respond, hang up on him."

Or something like that. You off hold yet?

So its resolved...

After being on the phone for almost 45 minutes and arguing the entire time i finally settled on a ....

Russell Wilson 3 color patch on card auto /99.

I know its not the same as Peterson but value wise it is equal, its an on car as opposed to a sticker, and im a huge seahawks fan.

What....a....disaster... that was.
I really wanted the peterson but he made it pretty clear that there was no way in hell i was getting one.

My daughter is also a huge seahawks fan and hopefully it can be here in time for me to have it wrapped under the tree waiting for her.
[Image: %24(KGrHqV,!q8FCcw,eQN,BQyn56hER!~~60_12.JPG]

That is a beauty right there, my friend. Good for you for sticking up for yourself. As a Seahawks fan, you really can't do better than that.

The deal maker here is that it's a rookie ... that is seriously a cornerstone to any Seahawks PC ... as opposed to a random year veteran Peterson.

When are they going to mail it?

Thats really what i was thinking. I mean the main points were...

#1 - he said in all his time there only 2 replacement petersons had come across his desk so i could wait but my odds were slim.

#2 - it was a random year peterson sticker auto and a single color jersey.

#3 - Wilson was rookie /99, a mid-level brand, an on card auto and 3 color patch.

#4 - He made it pretty clear that there was no way i could get anything of higher value even given all the hassle i went through.

Going out in the mail tomorrow. I seriously hope its #3 Smile

(12-19-2012, 07:02 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: Thats really what i was thinking. I mean the main points were...

#1 - he said in all his time there only 2 replacement petersons had come across his desk so i could wait but my odds were slim.

#2 - it was a random year peterson sticker auto and a single color jersey.

#3 - Wilson was rookie /99, a mid-level brand, an on card auto and 3 color patch.

#4 - He made it pretty clear that there was no way i could get anything of higher value even given all the hassle i went through.

Going out in the mail tomorrow. I seriously hope its #3 Smile
Yeah, you came out way ahead.

This is how I look at it ... if you saw both cards side by side at like a card show or something, and only had enough cash for one, which one would you pick?

If I was a Seahawks fan I'd be all over the Wilson.

Nice job, man. Yeah, the #3 would be sweet ... in your scan it's #002, I thought that was the one you were getting and I was like "dang! missed it by one!"