`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
organize layout
12-23-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: organize layout
I really don't appreciate answsers from moderators that tell us we should change our Browsers. That is a personal preference that we are free to choose what we are most comfortable with. As the other users stated - this worked until recently in IE - fix it don't tell us to change our browers - PLEASE!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2012, 05:29 PM
no mod did

but if you are using IE9, you are using an inferior browser anyway, not just this site. and i use ff, ir and chrome for different things

the workaround for now is to use a different browser

(08-06-2014 11:33 AM)jaykayzee Wrote:  Don't confuse "not valuable" with "not collectible".
12-24-2012, 08:18 AM
internet explorer is the most used browser. that means that they should fix this or program this site with that in mind. but of course none of this will get done. no communication. the only one who communicates is jacoby. kudos to him.

let's go bucs! (I know I am hoping for too much)
12-24-2012, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2012 09:02 AM by jacobystealshome.)
(12-24-2012 08:18 AM)edverrilla Wrote:  internet explorer is the most used browser. that means that they should fix this or program this site with that in mind. but of course none of this will get done. no communication. the only one who communicates is jacoby. kudos to him.

IE is junk, and it's market share has gone down tremendously. no devleoper should build with it in mind.mmost dev teams build with firefox or chrome in mind (seriously: check any major site not owned by nbc/universal (msn folks) and find ANY built to IE. it doesnt exist

IE's market share is now barely above 50%, but that includes all versions. by next year, IE market share will be less than 45%

so no, no website worth jack should be built towards the backwards-looking folk still stuck on old bad tech

--------------------------

as far as communication, it should be noted im just a user like everyone else. the help boards are for member to member help, not beckett staff to members. mods arent even beckett staff.

(08-06-2014 11:33 AM)jaykayzee Wrote:  Don't confuse "not valuable" with "not collectible".
12-24-2012, 08:39 PM
(12-24-2012 08:18 AM)edverrilla Wrote:  internet explorer is the most used browser. that means that they should fix this or program this site with that in mind. but of course none of this will get done. no communication. the only one who communicates is jacoby. kudos to him.

IE is the worst browser available. Just because it's the most used doesn't mean it's good. It doesn't adhere to web standards like the other browsers do and is a total pain to develop for. You should really try Chrome or Firefox if you haven't before, they are so much better!
12-25-2012, 09:22 AM
(12-24-2012 09:00 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  IE is junk, and it's market share has gone down tremendously. no devleoper should build with it in mind.mmost dev teams build with firefox or chrome in mind (seriously: check any major site not owned by nbc/universal (msn folks) and find ANY built to IE. it doesnt exist

IE's market share is now barely above 50%, but that includes all versions. by next year, IE market share will be less than 45%

so no, no website worth jack should be built towards the backwards-looking folk still stuck on old bad tech

--------------------------

as far as communication, it should be noted im just a user like everyone else. the help boards are for member to member help, not beckett staff to members. mods arent even beckett staff.

Hmmm - let me see if I have this right... IE 53% and FireFox 20%. There are sure alot of IE users out there that don't know Jack, including me. Think I will stick with IE and ask Beckett to keep that mere 53% in mind when making changes or updates. I remember this kind of advice and stats from Novell & Corel advocates. Everyone is free to make their own choices on browsers - but if we don't make the "right" choice does that really mean we know JACK?
12-25-2012, 09:37 AM
(12-25-2012 09:22 AM)salvadord Wrote:  Hmmm - let me see if I have this right... IE 53% and FireFox 20%. There are sure alot of IE users out there that don't know Jack, including me. Think I will stick with IE and ask Beckett to keep that mere 53% in mind when making changes or updates. I remember this kind of advice and stats from Novell & Corel advocates. Everyone is free to make their own choices on browsers - but if we don't make the "right" choice does that really mean we know JACK?

I don't know, My experience with IE is that it constantly crashes, and a strange voice on the phone calls me and says "You indicated that there was a problem with your computer and I will fix it for you".
I hate it when I go to a web site that gives you a warning that you must use it.

After all Beckett recommends Google Chrome (Bottom of the first page at Beckett.com) and gives you a link to download it.
This is one step away from making it the browser that they support.

Ray

12-25-2012, 11:52 AM
(12-25-2012 09:22 AM)salvadord Wrote:  Hmmm - let me see if I have this right... IE 53% and FireFox 20%. There are sure alot of IE users out there that don't know Jack, including me. Think I will stick with IE and ask Beckett to keep that mere 53% in mind when making changes or updates. I remember this kind of advice and stats from Novell & Corel advocates. Everyone is free to make their own choices on browsers - but if we don't make the "right" choice does that really mean we know JACK?

all versions on iE. including IE6 and 7. you know who runs IE6 and 7? corporations and governments, who have always been reluctant to change, and are mired in messes created by their browsers

12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
why not fix the website?

let's go bucs! (I know I am hoping for too much)
12-30-2012, 10:55 PM
(12-30-2012 09:02 PM)edverrilla Wrote:  why not fix the website?

maybe it's a browser issue? did you even attempt to toggle the compatibility mode?